1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Showing up as subdomain and subfolder

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Family Friendly Lives, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hi,

I originally installed xenforo as a sub-folder mydomain.com/community, but wanted it in a sub-domain community.mydomain.com

So, i deleted it and installed it again. now it shows up as both.

what did i do wrong? is there something else i should have deleted? i used hostgator cpanel sub-domain. I have a level 3 vps. any ideas on what has happened and what to do to have it only as:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you physically delete the files from mydomain.com/community and drop the database?
  3. I deleted the folder completely. I didn't create a new database, I just used the same database.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you have deleted the directory then there is nothing more to do - the files no longer physically exist in that location.
  5. I have deleted and reinstalled and deleted - it IS still showing up under both urls. I created the sub-domain in c-panel, i used filezilla this time and it still shows both! Obviously i am doing something wrong. please, take a look:

Does this mean i have the software installed twice? I know that's a no-no - so, someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong as i do not want to violate the xenforo license.
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Many servers will create subdomain.example.com as a sub-folder of the domain. I can only assume this is what is happening.

You should be able to add a redirect from community/ to community. via .htacess:
    RewriteRule ^/community/(.*)$ http://community.familyfriendlylives.com/$1 [R=301,L]
    Neal likes this.