Showcase Filter by AddonsLab

Showcase Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($69.99)
I'm currently using [AL] Showcase Filter 1.4.1.... what are the steps to upgrade to the latest version and does it work with showcase 3.1.10

I have this kind of a category system on my Showcase:

Category 1
--- Sub 1
-------- Sub A
-------- Sub B
-------- Sub C
--- Sub 2
--- Sub 3
Category 2
Category 3

1. If I enable the filter on Sub 1, does it also display items from the children when the filter is used?

2. If I enable the filter on Category 1, does it include all children from Sub 1 to Sub 3 and their children?

3. Can I have different filters for Category 2 and 3?

Thanks.
?

@cdub The add-on is developed on XenAddons Showcase 3.1.4 version and should work without issues on any latest version of Showcase. If you are using any other "Filter" add-on from us, it could cause conflicts if that add-on is not up-to-date. Please contact us in this case for instructions. Otherwise, you can just upgrade Showcase Filter like any other add-on. To avoid any errors from being logged while the upgrade is in progress, you can disable the add-on, upgrade it and then enable it again.

@sbj The inheritance of options is exactly as XenForo handles custom field configuration. If you enable a custom field for a forum, the child forum does not inherit the configuration automatically, the custom field has to be enabled for the child forum as well. So, configuring custom field system is done exactly as our Thread Filter add-on. Regarding showing the items, the items are shown just the same way as if no filter is selected.

1. Yes, showcase shows the items from the child categories, applying the filters will not change this in any way.

2. You should enable the custom field and set it to be included in the filter for the category and its children explicitly.

3. Sure.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Reactions: sbj
The add-on is developed on XenAddons Showcase 3.1.4 version and should work without issues on any latest version of Showcase. If you are using any other "Filter" add-on from us, it could cause conflicts if that add-on is not up-to-date. Please contact us in this case for instructions. Otherwise, you can just upgrade Showcase Filter like any other add-on. To avoid any errors from being logged while the upgrade is in progress, you can disable the add-on, upgrade it and then enable it again.
I need to install the sperate add-on first right?

@sbj The inheritance of options is exactly as XenForo handles custom field configuration. If you enable a custom field for a forum, the child forum does not inherit the configuration automatically, the custom field has to be enabled for the child forum as well. So, configuring custom field system is done exactly as our Thread Filter add-on. Regarding showing the items, the items are shown just the same way as if no filter is selected.
Thanks for the explanations. I know how the custom fields work, like how to enable them and what not. My question is about the filtering and displaying of the stuff.

I haven't tested it but I believe it is not possible with the thread filter addon to display results from children in the parent forum. It only displays results from the parent forum, as this is how the forum node works. It displays only threads from that node, not from the children, hence why the filter addon would only display stuff from the parent.

But Showcase addon by default also displays items from the children. So my question is if the filter addon would also display the items of the children (of course if custom fields are enabled both in parent and children). So from your answer you say it works. Could you please enable an example on your test site? Thanks.

But Showcase addon by default also displays items from the children. So my question is if the filter addon would also display the items of the children (of course if custom fields are enabled both in parent and children). So from your answer you say it works. Could you please enable an example on your test site? Thanks.

While setting up a test for you on our demo we see there is a bug right now that results in not listing the items in sub-categories. We will fix and release it asap, and it will work exactly as you have described.

Thank you!

Reactions: sbj
AddonsLab updated Showcase Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option: Enable filterable lists and stability fixes

This version adds a new option - "Enable filterable lists". The option turns usual single and multiple selection lists into filterable lists. This helps users finding the option they are looking for on large lists. The implementation may be not fully performance on very large lists of options (1000+) for mobile devices.

The release also fixes several PHP errors and implements stability fixes.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab Please ensure updates comply with rule 4 of the resource standards: https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-standards/

Sure, we mostly follow that rule, in this particular case the issues were reproduced during working on the add-on and were not reported by any customer here to refer to it. The bugs were typical programming mistakes like not checking if an object actually an instance of a class before using a method in that class, another one related to Elastic search server throwing an error if the item IDs supplied to it are not in a list with numeric indexes starting from 0, so as a result they don't serialize into a JSON array but a JSON object. And both errors would not happen consistently, but in some edge-cases, which we might not even be able to demonstrate. Please confirm your approach for similar cases, if you think these details have to be included in release updates.

Thank you!

Facet search fix for Elasticsearch back-end

The release fixes a bug with a Facet search showing the wrong number of matching results. The issue was related to Elasticsearch optimization considering only the top results, so the options that had fewer matching items would be shown as having no documents. The issue does not affect you if you are using MySQL as a search index or you are not using the Facet search option.

[URL...

New option - Number Formatting Exclusion List

In some cases number type fields are used for data that does not require number formatting (e.g. if the custom field represents years, it should not be shown as "2.020" but "2020". We have added an option that allows admins to list the IDs of such custom fields, and they will not be formatted in the output.

The release also fixes a bug, that would log a PHP error in some cases if the option "Total count indicator is active".

Important Note: If you are using several of our Filter...

Reactions: Bob

Bug-fix: PHP errors due to outdated files in the last version

The release fixes an accidental issue in the last version including older files that caused different PHP errors. Please apply the version asap if you have installed the version 2.2.0.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

The update fixes the error logged in the Server Error - "Unsupported operand types". The error

The update fixes the error logged in the Server Error - "Unsupported operand types". The error would accure in cases of a forum not having configured any filterable custom fields.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: JavaScript errors due to outdated files in the version 2.2.0

The release fixes an accidental issue in version 2.2.0 including older files that caused JavaScript errors in the filter form. Please apply the version asap if you have installed the version 2.2.0 or above.
Also, it includes a minor UI bug fix related to the location filter.

Thank you!

Template error fix

The release fixes an error logged in the Server Errors “ErrorException: Template error: Illegal string offset … in the template xa_sc_index_macros”. The error would happen when users sort the list of items by a custom field.

https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you

PHP error prevention with manually modified filter links

If the filter URL is modified and the values of multiple-selection fields are changed intentionally (e.g. with an attempt to cause an error in the website or execute SQL injection), there would be a PHP error logged in the admin panel. However, this would not cause any visible errors or unexpected SQL queries. With this release, we have made sure these invalid values don't make their way to built-in XenForo functions that expect only valid values.

The new version is available for all...

Top Bottom