Show "X is typing a reply"

TheBigK

Currently XenForo tells us whether others have posted a response while we're composing our reply. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a little window above the quick reply box that tells us who all / is typing a response currently? Many messengers do this and I think it's quite awesome.

Upvote 64
Time to resurrect this suggestion? There are already async calls to save drafts every x seconds. You could easily expose this data to show who is currently "replying" based on their latest activity being viewing that thread and having a saved draft with last x seconds. Should be trivial to add. Also would be cool to have a "currently viewing this thread" (e.g. list of avatars at top or sidebar widget)" based on current activity.

Last edited:
I don't like this idea. It's stalkerish. I want to compose my reply in peace instead of having the pressure of people watching their screens while I'm producing a piece of writing.

I don't like this idea. It's stalkerish. I want to compose my reply in peace instead of having the pressure of people watching their screens while I'm producing a piece of writing.
it good to avoid replying to something when someone is already saying the same thing tho....or if the OP is replying sometimes it can be good to wait and see what they added before giving a lengthy reply...

we used an addon for this with vbulletin, it would be nice to replace back if it wasnt too server intensive...

Top Bottom