• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show online status in the threads

I think it's a must have feature! :)

For your request to get more of a chance of getting noticed you may want to elaborate on how you want this feature implemented. Do you want the online status showing on your member-card? Would you like the status text based, icon/image based? I personally want this feature it's one of the few features I want and only this on the postbit as I see the others (location, gender etc) as bloat and should be on member-card.

Where in the postbit would you like to see the online status? Personally I would like to see a prefix "status:" with icon showing but you may want a text based solution so it's always best to provide as much info so a coder is enticed and will tackle your request. :)

Here is my concept
concept.webp

I want to see online status only in the threads and conversations. I'm not really sure it's useful to see it in the member-card.
P.S. for offline people there should be just no label.

Here is my concept
View attachment 6149

I want to see online status only in the threads and conversations. I'm not really sure it's useful to see it in the member-card.
P.S. for offline people there should be just no label.

I really like that. I wouldn't want to it cover the avatar (I feel this should be free of anything covering it) but maybe make some space underneath it would look nice and still retain that clean look. Nice, good suggestion. :)

I really like that. I wouldn't want to it cover the avatar (I feel this should be free of anything covering it) but maybe make some space underneath it would look nice and still retain that clean look. Nice, good suggestion. :)
I really don't like when something covers avatar too, but I couldn't find a better place where to show it.

I'll see if I can come up with some mockups. Infact, just came up with an idea on placement with your concept, I'll post that soon.

My original suggestion related to this was a green dot in the top right hand corner of the message template.

online_dot-png.538

Nah, I don't think that looks good at all paul. Here's my effort (mockup)
Each to their own.
I'm not a fan of that idea - it extends the message template and results in a lot empty space.
It's also overkill for a small indicator to indicate someone's online status.

TBH, I don't like any of those. :)

I like Shelley's concept in another thread for the member card. I see no reason to add an online image to the postbit.

TBH, I don't like any of those. :)

I like Shelley's concept in another thread for the member card. I see no reason to add an online image to the postbit.

I agree. While it looks nice, it's drawing too much attention to it.

Top Bottom