1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show online status in the threads

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by CyberAP, Nov 11, 2010.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I think it's a must have feature! :)
    Puntocom, Elizabeth, Shelley and 3 others like this.
  2. PoLiZe

PoLiZe Well-Known Member

I need that too!!
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

For your request to get more of a chance of getting noticed you may want to elaborate on how you want this feature implemented. Do you want the online status showing on your member-card? Would you like the status text based, icon/image based? I personally want this feature it's one of the few features I want and only this on the postbit as I see the others (location, gender etc) as bloat and should be on member-card.

Where in the postbit would you like to see the online status? Personally I would like to see a prefix "status:" with icon showing but you may want a text based solution so it's always best to provide as much info so a coder is enticed and will tackle your request. :)
    CyberAP likes this.
  4. CyberAP

Here is my concept

I want to see online status only in the threads and conversations. I'm not really sure it's useful to see it in the member-card.
    P.S. for offline people there should be just no label.
    arabic and Shelley like this.
  5. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Other ^^

for when a hack ?

arabic likes this.
  6. Shelley

I really like that. I wouldn't want to it cover the avatar (I feel this should be free of anything covering it) but maybe make some space underneath it would look nice and still retain that clean look. Nice, good suggestion. :)
    Puntocom likes this.
  7. CyberAP

I really don't like when something covers avatar too, but I couldn't find a better place where to show it.
  8. Shelley

I'll see if I can come up with some mockups. Infact, just came up with an idea on placement with your concept, I'll post that soon.
    CyberAP likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

My original suggestion related to this was a green dot in the top right hand corner of the message template.

arabic likes this.
  10. Shelley

Nah, I don't think that looks good at all paul. Here's my effort (mockup) online_status.png
    Allan and The Sandman like this.
  11. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Juste the color change perhaps.
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Each to their own.
    I'm not a fan of that idea - it extends the message template and results in a lot empty space.
    It's also overkill for a small indicator to indicate someone's online status.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

TBH, I don't like any of those. :)

I like Shelley's concept in another thread for the member card. I see no reason to add an online image to the postbit.
  14. CyberAP

15. Floris

Floris Guest

I agree. While it looks nice, it's drawing too much attention to it.
  16. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

So umm what your saying is that my mock up might be a bit to flashy??
    electrogypsy, Ahmed, Arik and 3 others like this.