• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show Hide Node Blocks

This looks really nice. By any chance is there a setting to default to hide the nodes, rather than displaying them expanded?

BTW, miko your version looks cool as well, though I haven't tried it in action yet. One addition I would like to see added to one of these is to display the number of sub categories/forums when hidden to maintain a consistent feel with the core subforum display.

Nice... I was able to use this to make a click anywhere inside of category strip title area call the show/hide function. Thanks again. It was trial and error but if anyone is interested I will post it.

Nice... I was able to use this to make a click anywhere inside of category strip title area call the show/hide function. Thanks again. It was trial and error but if anyone is interested I will post it.
Yes please. I like to see it.

Thank you, this worked perfectly!
My first add-on and it was super easy! Love it when things work out.

Wow I am so glad to hear this is still working for most, I haven't even glanced at this does it really still work flawlessly even on 1.0.4?

It would be better without all the template modifications. Are there hooks avaliable at the positions?

Subforums are hidden by default... Unless you mean for Jaxels subforum grid.
No you can't minimize them on the top of the screen. Takes up way too much space if you have more than 1. Was hoping a little minimize function had been built.

Subforums are hidden by default... Unless you mean for Jaxels subforum grid.
No you can't minimize them on the top of the screen. Takes up way too much space if you have more than 1. Was hoping a little minimize function had been built.

If I am understanding correctly it would be in example on http://xenforo.com/community/forums/development-tutorials-and-resources.33/ the two subforums at the top could be hidden and not displayed by default?

Last I tried this when the browser was shut down and went back the nodes were expanded again. Is this still the case? If it is some way of making it 'remember' what has been hidden then that'd be cool :).

This is a very nice mod btw, am unsure why it isn't in stock XF as a lot of people, that I know anyway, use it.

Last I tried this when the browser was shut down and went back the nodes were expanded again. Is this still the case? If it is some way of making it 'remember' what has been hidden then that'd be cool :).

This is a very nice mod btw, am unsure why it isn't in stock XF as a lot of people, that I know anyway, use it.

This Mod Uses, Cookies with a very long life span if your browser deletes cookies upon close though then it would forget settings.

My only other way around this would be to save the state into the xenforo datastore, but this may be a bit of overkill...

My only other way around this would be to save the state into the xenforo datastore, but this may be a bit of overkill...

Yeah I'm guessing that would be too, I'll try it again and compare it with other site to see if it's what I'm doing ... probably is.

If I am understanding correctly it would be in example on http://xenforo.com/community/forums/development-tutorials-and-resources.33/ the two subforums at the top could be hidden and not displayed by default?
Doesn't matter if they display by default. I'm saying it would do the same thing as this does for main forums with the minimize/shrink function for subforums. I know you said it was something you had to do in a different manner so was just curious if someone had done that yet.

Doesn't matter if they display by default. I'm saying it would do the same thing as this does for main forums with the minimize/shrink function for subforums. I know you said it was something you had to do in a different manner so was just curious if someone had done that yet.

No I don't believe so, well I certainly haven't and not aware of someone else doing it...

Again though I plan on picking this and my other XenForo mods back up and updating them, so I may get around to making this at some point.

Installed the latest version but unfortunately it still goes back to the default display when I go back to the site after the browser's been closed. Tried a couple of other sites but they were still hidden when I re-opened the browser so it's not a cookie issue at my end :(.

Top Bottom