1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show Hide Node Blocks

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by Cezz, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Description
    ---------------------------------------
    I was asked to create a simple modification that would allow for the categories in the forum home to be expanded/contracted.

This is what I have created. I hope you like it, any questions please just ask.

The entire process is pure JS and has only been tested on the default template if you changed some parts of the template you may stop this working completely OR stop the session being recorded and so the show/hides don't save between page loads.

Some Screens

screen1-expanded.png screen2-collapsed.png

Installation

UPDATES - Version History
    -------------------------------------

• v1.0.0 - Initial Build
    • v1.1.0 -
      • Fixed - Issue with cookie array meaning that wrong element would get removed.
      • Fixed - Added phrases to the master template.

Credits
    The idea for the mod came from Forsaken and I must note that disjunto was a great help in fixing some issues.

Attached Files:

2. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Installed for sure :)

Ceri May likes this.
  3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Exactly how I saw it in my head... Awesome adding tonight for a nice trial run of it. Thanks Ceri May!

Ceri May likes this.
  4. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Great addon Ceri...Thanks!! :)

Ceri May likes this.
  5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Way not to mention the person who told you to make it ;(.

You can't place the any divs around the category/forum, otherwise it won't work properly.

6. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Great mod, wondered why it wasn't included in the core, but I guess it will be added at some stage :).

7. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

If I could like this more than once I would. Awesome job! This should be default on Gold.

Russian likes this.
  8. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

This should be default, but thanks for this. I wanted this!

Mikey likes this.
  9. iCafe

iCafe Member

good job.

10. nora

nora Member

I think the same.

11. Forsaken

By 'help' he means disjunto did all the hard work ;p.

Mikey and Jeremy like this.
  12. RvG

RvG Active Member

Should be by default right?

gamecock likes this.
  13. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Cheeky sod :)... though I must admit that Disjunto was a key factor in its completion..

For example couldn't call the categories ID's directly as li#some-cat.4 because of the number and I had to change this to li[id="some-cat.4"] if it wasn't for Disjunto I would never have worked this out so thank you very much.

14. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Personally I think it could be a default feature but if it is not this plugin is very lightweight.

15. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

I agree this should be core.

Ceri any idea what sort of template changes would stop this working?
    (I have a lot of template changes in mind but they are moving buttons about or changing fonts mostly.)

16. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Mostly adding or removing divs around the Node blocks... if it does break it let me know and I may be able to make some changes for you.

17. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Damn, spent ages coding my own version.
    My version as several extra feature like a close all, open all and dynamically knows when everything is open or close..

But your version is so lightweight! Really well done for only a few lines of code :)

Here is a video of the version I'm working on... I need to "trim some fat" before releasing it.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/695443/themesinc-toggle.mov

Rob Fritz and EQnoble like this.
  18. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Nice version, I did actually have a show/hide all in mind also and I believe it would only take like about 3-4 more lines to add it but then main objective of the code was to be as small as possible.

19. Forsaken

Now you just need to make that subforum one :p.

Ceri May likes this.
  20. RvG

RvG Active Member

and that makes sense.. thanks for sharing.