1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show all posts on one page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gordy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Possible? If so, what is the URL string to do so ?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I don't think what you are asking for is possible, and considering that some threads can be thousands of posts long, I am not sure that would be desirable.

You can change that here if you want, but then the links to content inside the threads would break:
    admincp->options->options->messages: Messages Per Page = _____

3. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

It's not something I'd enable by a default, and in my case my members author articles via thread and it is desirable for me to download their posts in one fell swoop to create an article.

I'll try that, it'd be convenient for me to do something like '$URL/printthread.php?t=123&pp=200' to get my info -

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's actually a DoS possibility by allowing a huge number of posts to be shown on a page.

5. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Thank you Mike for pointing out that caveat, then is there a query I can run on the back to the same effect ?

6. vkams

vkams Active Member

My previous forum - its son lives on XenForo - has such link as "View whole topic". Sometime it is very convenient for visual text finding or whole topic observation. It didn't crashed the server for topics with 500 posts, so I'd like to give my users possibility habitual to them. I hope it is not too hard to add at? And let admin to take care on too long topics.

7. vkams

vkams Active Member

There are two requirements to see the whole topic:
    1) it is convenient to look visually;
    2) it is convenient to print all or a fragment.
    I think this opportunity should still be implemented, and let the admin decide to include it or not.

gordy likes this.
  8. vkams

vkams Active Member

My users urgently require this option. Please, implement it, it's easy.

9. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Messages -> Messages Per Page

But the max value is 100. Changing this requires enabling debug mode by adding this to the library/config.php file:

Code:
    $config['debug'] = 1;

And changes made to this setting in debug mode will be overridden during an upgrade. Ideally you need an addon for this. Post a request:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

10. vkams

vkams Active Member