XF 1.5 Should I turn emails off when importing?

Earl

I'm importing from vb 3.8.1 to XenForo. It's a big forum so should I disable emails first?
I mean by adding $config['enableMail'] = false;

If nothing is happening during the import (as people shouldn't be registering or posting), you generally wouldn't be sending emails out. So it shouldn't be necessary, though it wouldn't hurt anything.

If nothing is happening during the import (as people shouldn't be registering or posting), you generally wouldn't be sending emails out. So it shouldn't be necessary, though it wouldn't hurt anything.
But XenForo would send lots of emails during the import process, right? I mean about awarding trophies, birthday wishes, and stuff?

I wanna know if I add this
Code:
$config['enableMail'] = false;
line to config file, will it just stop sending emails or put all emails to a cue or something? like until I remove that line from config, will it continue sending all emails that were held on the cue?
Then I have to install add-ons too
(https://xenforo.com/community/threa...d-ons-or-after-which-is-the-right-way.134276/)
Then again, Am I doing this correct?

But XenForo would send lots of emails during the import process, right? I mean about awarding trophies, birthday wishes, and stuff?
We don't send emails for those things. If an add-on does, then it's possible they could be triggered. But out of the box, nothing of significance would really apply.

will it just stop sending emails or put all emails to a cue or something?
The emails will just be silently dropped. They will not be queued.

Top Bottom