Fixed Sharing Thread on Twitter via Social Links

Infopro

Affected version
I shared today's XF2 announcement on twitter by clicking the twitter link at bottom of the thread. The link works when clicked at bottom of thread, but the post on twitter is just a link and the text I added. No image of any sort is carried over from your forum.

Could you provide an example URL from another site which produces the desired results?

We do provide a twitter:image tag but their card validator doesn't pick it up. There may be aspects missing, but if we can compare it to a working site, that would help.

They were mostly posted via and link back to Facebook so it's picking the image up from there.

I'll look into it anyway, thanks!

Seems as though it works when sharing the home page URL:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks. I removed the "via @XenForo" bit from the tweet before submitting it, thats why that's missing. I was hoping for a tweet like this one of course:

xenforotweetwimage.webp

This is fixed now. We were missing the twitter:card attribute to push it to show a "summary" type.

Thanks, Mike. I deleted the tweet and reposted it just now almost identically to test the fix. Seems the same to me, no image just a link.

Top Bottom