XF 1.4 Sharing Preview

Whatley187

Hello,

Just recently the sharing on my website went a bit haywire. Basically i share posts from my website to Facebook all of the time, and they always worked perfect and pulled the preview. I have a ton of different RSS feeds on my site and when i wanted to share them i would always edit them a bit before sharing. Now when i edit a post of any kind, regardless of what kind of edit it is, i can no longer share it properly. The errors have ranged from just getting the basic "Error" when trying to share and it pointing to my site description, I've had it force the website logo instead of the post picture, i've even had stories push through but their header line no longer be the post name, instead it was the post user's stats (i.e posts 4 - pokes 2).

I have tried every setting i can think of and I am out of ideas. Sharing is easily the most important thing to my set up and the functionality has basically went to dirt on my site. Any ideas or even people willing to fix it for pay would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Matt

Hello,

When did this start to happen for the first time? Can you backtrace it and see if it happened after you installed any add on, or did some kind of other changes to your forum, like installing a new style, manually editing something in a template? Because if it started to happen immediately after one of those things, that would mean that the issue is caused by whatever add on or modification you did last before it was working.

Hello,

When did this start to happen for the first time? Can you backtrace it and see if it happened after you installed any add on, or did some kind of other changes to your forum, like installing a new style, manually editing something in a template? Because if it started to happen immediately after one of those things, that would mean that the issue is caused by whatever add on or modification you did last before it was working.

Nothing in particular that I can think of. I have a sound cloud addon installed but i do believe it was working properly afterwards. I updated my website's logo as well about a week ago, could that have caused something?

Nothing in particular that I can think of. I have a sound cloud addon installed but i do believe it was working properly afterwards. I updated my website's logo as well about a week ago, could that have caused something?

I doubt that the logo replacement has anything to do with this. Can you disable all add ons and see if the error will happen again or not. If not, then the issue must be caused by one of the add ons.

Top Bottom