1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Shared IPs not recognizing "User Name CSS"

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Oct 25, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I have a banned usergroup with a special color defined in the "User Name CSS" textbox.

When I go to the profile of member X and run the "Shared IPs" function the system lists those people who are sharing IPs with member X however if one of those users belongs to the banned usergroup then their nicknames aren't colored properly - the system is ignoring the value of "User Name CSS" set for their usergroup.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not every place that displays a username displays the CSS value. This happens to be one of them.

3. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Are you sure this is as designed? This creates a lot of confussion.

Pretty sure this is a bug.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Why is that definitely a bug?

There are actually a number of places where the plain version of the username is used vs the "rich" version of the username. The latter is what applies the user name CSS.

I can't think off hand anywhere in the Admin CP that displays user name CSS, so I would expect this to be as designed. Couple that with the Shared IPs function being more of a staff only sort of thing, user name CSS seems pretty redundant here.

Why is it necessary to have rich usernames there?

Amaury likes this.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I am sure this is as designed for every reason Chris has just stated.

Amaury likes this.