1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting an entire group to be able to see the moderation queue

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by oliverw92, Sep 6, 2011.

1. oliverw92

oliverw92 Member

I am having trouble setting up a user group to be moderators. I have given it all the mod permissions but they still can't see the moderation queue. Does every single person have to be manually added as a moderator just to see the queue? Or is there a simple way to make the entire group able to see it?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to explicitly make members moderators in order for them to see the moderation queue.

• In order to have access to all of the moderator tools and functionality, and to appear as Staff, a user must be explicitly made a moderator.
    • Adding a user to the Moderating user group does not make them a moderator, it only accords the user title and permissions associated with that user group.
    • The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
      • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
      • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.
    • If a user is given moderator permissions without being made a moderator, the Moderator Bar, Moderation Queue, and Reported Posts will not be accessible.
    MilesTails likes this.
  3. oliverw92

oliverw92 Member

Wow o_O That was incredibly fast.

Thanks for the reply :) Whilst not an ideal situation for me, I guess it will have to do.
  4. MilesTails

MilesTails New Member

Ninja reply! :)

Thanks for your help,