XF 2.2 Set up registration

Hello!

When a user signs up, he is placed in the registered user group.
This happens even if you have set the request for email verification or approval by an admin. In this case, a user register himself ad has full access to forum's resources without email confirmation and/or admin approval. To avoid this, I would like to set it up in such a way that:
1. guest user can only view certain content.
2. registered user has the same permissions as the guest until he confirm his email.
3. registered user with confirmed email, has the same permissions as guest until approved by administrator

Any suggestion? Thx.

Thanks,

but if I register a new user, after submitting the registration form, I will browse the entire forum as a registered user even if it is awaiting email confirmation or approval from the admin.

Could there be an issue?

Dear Community,

I have a similar problem.
Although I have activated the function approval by an admin additionally to the email verification, some users can register and get the user status valid, although they have not been approved by an admin.
For other users it works, they appear in the approval interface and can be approved manually - from awaiting approval to valid.

Why does the approval by an admin function work with some registrations and with others it does not work and the users get the status valid even without the approval by the admin?

I don't understand why this is the case. Maybe someone can help me here.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom