Lack of interest Set all titles - simplify

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

gunnar

On the uploading of images you can set all titles, all descriptions and all tags. This is great, but the tick windows are unnecessary.
A simpler functionality is that you only type into the window you want to change something.

So if you haven't typed anything in the boxes, nothing is changed/added.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's designed how it is for good reason.

It can be used to clear those fields too (by leaving them blank) so without checkboxes to activate them, you would be wiping out fields you've already intentionally filled in.

It can be used to clear those fields too (by leaving them blank) so without checkboxes to activate them, you would be wiping out fields you've already intentionally filled in.

Thanks for prompt response.
Maybe adding a tick box to clear the fields would be a better approach?
So if you fill info when there is text already in the fields, it gets added to previous text. If you tick a box marked "clear fields" the fields are cleared. If you don't fill anything or tick any box, nothing happens.
Adding text to already typed fields would be very Helpful for tags..

The clearing of the fields is not obvious, I did unintentionally clear the fields I had filled in at some point, by ticking the box and not adding info..

Thanks!

That was quick to add a "not planned" label, even before the opportunity was explored..

To be fair it was done before the additional idea of having a clear checkbox was added but even so, we're unlikely to change this right now. Generally the UI is consistent with other areas whereby a checkbox is used to enable or disable dependent elements and you have to opt in to these controls rather than opt out.

I'll move the suggestion back but at the moment I don't feel there's a compelling need or reason to change this.

I prefer how it worked before(a couple updates before) before the layover popup.

There was no tick boxes or layover. All you have to do was type into the boxes and press save

Total of 3 clicks

Now with the tick boxes and layover

Total of 4 clicks

Its driving me insane. It makes me not want to use the tag option.
The old way was a lot simplier and more important "quicker"

I was meaning to make a suggestion about this but i havnt had time to exactly think how to suggest it and i didnt fully understand and didnt ask why a tick box was added.

When i have time i will make a gif of the old vs new

But i agree with the poster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom