Set album permissions within categories

Thanks for creating this suggestion (y). I want to do something similar with per-event 'public' albums within a particular media category. The idea was for moderators (or trusted members, etc) to create the albums as needed and then any members could add photos to them.

Until now I thought that this would be possible already from an earlier announcement:
These albums are a little bit more simple in terms of privacy settings; they will inherit the same permissions as the category they are created in

I figured the following XFMG "Album only" category permissions for the default Registered usergroup would allow this to occur:
  • XFMG: Album permissions: Create new album NO
  • XFMG: Media permissions: Add media items YES
Unfortunately you are correct and the album permission on the front end displays as:
  • Can view media items: Inherited from category
  • Can add media items: Album owner only
So it would appear that the 'add media items' permission is not inherited from the category after all... what a bummer! Hopefully this can be addressed in XFMG, either by allowing the add action to inherit permissions from the containing category or by implementing per-album permissions for these 'albums in categories'.

My site remains on XenForo 1.5 for the time being while I await one last third-party addon to be ported to XenForo 2.1. I was very much looking forward to XFMG 2's new ability to place albums in categories on that assumption that anyone would be able to add media items to them. But it seems that this is not the case after all :(.

Would definitely like to see this as well. I purchased another license and the XFMG to create a private family community, and we'd love the benefit of additional album organization with the ability to crowdsource photos.

It would be nice to give users the ability to set album permissions (view, editing, etc) in the same manner as a private album. Maybe this can be selectively turned on/off on a per-category basis.

Top Bottom