MG 2.0 Adjust album permissions and rating

Kangy

Please forgive me if this information is found elsewhere. I know I'm on the beta 2.0, so it might still be a progress. I can't seem to find where the user can edit the permissions on their created albums.

The album information shows can view is inherited and can add is album owner only. Am I overlooking something or is that feature still in development.

I also can't find the rating option for the media.

It sounds like the album is in an album category - granular viewing permissions are only available if albums are not inside a category; this would make them a "personal album" and allows people to create private albums or albums shared with specific users.

It may be possible in the near future to be able to change the "Add" permission, but changing the "View" permission for something which is already inside a category doesn't make sense; if you can view the category, you should be able to view its contents.

While viewing the media you should be able to see a "Leave a rating" button:

1507751443305.webp

If you can't see it then it could be that you're viewing your own media item (in which case you can't rate it) or you don't have the rate permission.

Got it thanks. I figured out the rating thing. I was looking at my own image LOL. I switched my test user And it works.

I think I'm having an issue creating personal albums. Whenever I click add media I get the following error.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I checked on the support forum here and when you click that same button there is a pop-up window that the bottom allows you to choose personal album. I don't get that pop up anywhere. I thought I had my permission set right.

P.s. you guys are awesome on these boards with your responses. Very happy I went with you guys over vbulletin, just for the support alone so far has been outstanding

Sounds the same. Not sure if I should try a fresh install. Won't hurt. I'm just now getting the Forum set up. I'll post a screenshot of the error I'm getting in that other thread.

Top Bottom