Browser issue Session does not close with Chrome

soloarquitectura

Affected version
User name -> Log out = processing.
It really closes, but it doesn't change the screen, which remains processing.
It happens with Chrome 75.0.3770.142 (64 bits).
It works fine with Edge, so it could be related to Chrome.

The cause is probably the "Clear-Site-Data header" mentioned in the release notes of XenForo 2.1.3. For me, this header causes the logout to be delayed by 1 or 2 seconds (I guess Chrome is meanwhile clearing the site data) but (for me) it doesn't "hang" indefinitely like you say it does for you.

Can confirm the issue here and on my forum as well.

Yes, it doesn't loads next page i.e. index page as guest view. It just stays on same page with loading progress bar. Upon clicking any link you will see logout/guest view.

Is there a way of detecting the user's browser and if Chrome then ignore the clear site data element as a temporary fix?

This problem still appears in the latest version of Chrome. I've had a few messages from users about it. Is there a workaround for now?

Just close the browser when you've clicked "Log out". You don't have to wait for it to redirect.
It's more for the users that see this and wonder what's happening - I'll pass this message on for now and hope it's resolved in a future Chrome update.

Looks like there's a few Clear-Site-Data bugs possibly related to this that are outstanding, as far back as 2017 when first implemented. With XenForo implementing this, the amount of sites affected just got a lot higher so there might be some more attention to it soon. Unless no one reports it to them of course :)

Perhaps this behavior should be confirmed as an issue with Clear-Site-Data first?

Top Bottom