XF 2.0 Server time issues after upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0

SuperJETT

I've had occasional issues where Xenforo thinks things were posted in the future and won't allow members (or me) to post until xxxxx seconds have elapsed.

I just checked server time with a php script and it's reporting that current time in my timezone is actually 12.5 hours in the past. I'm Eastern time zone US, so UTC-5 currently.

This has to be a hosting issue, correct? I'm opening a support ticket with them but wanted to check in with the XF crew too.

Yes, that would be a server config issue. Ideally the time should be synced to an NTP server to ensure accuracy. That's especially important for things like two step authentication to work correctly.

Yeah, I created a php script and am getting:
Default server time zone - America/Los_Angeles
14/02/2018 == 07:56:16
Local time zone - America/Kentucky/Louisville
14/02/2018 == 10:56:16

Where the current time is 11:31:00 on 15/02/2018.

I've got a ticket opened, but it's strange how this has been intermittent since the update---possibly related to switching PHP versions and adding Curl?

@SuperJETT do you know how the resolved this as I'm also experiencing a sync_date issue with a forum I'm dealing with not sure what is the underlining cause as it seems to be the correct time relative to the UK

Top Bottom