1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server impact?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Dismal Shadow, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

Again, I am not sure if I have missed the thread somewhere (Yes I did a search :p)

I am not sure if there's some plan for autodraft but if there is would it impact the server as well as alerts?
    I noticed that alerts is updating every secs when someone reply, like, quote or whatever, wouldn't that slow down the server...even on large forum?

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not sure in this specific instance, but I know that Mike and Kier have been claiming that it's being built with big boards in mind. So I'd assume that it's optimized or negligible.

3. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about the same!!!

4. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I'm interested in the search abilities.

5. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

Interesting question. I'm curious now, to. :D

6. Dark_Hunter

Dark_Hunter Member

Not sure, that's ajax scripting. I heard it can stress your server depending on how its being used.

7. James

James Well-Known Member

I made a suggestion to use HTML5's local storage with a backup cookie-based storage for auto-saving posts. This will have no server impact considering it's all JavaScript!

8. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I hope not, the alert function is one of the seriously addictive elements.

9. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Sphinx Search is planned.