• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Server hangs in new XF install

Just switched over my forum fro VB 3.7 to XF. Everything seems to be working fairly well, but the server seems to intermittently get bogged down and sometimes stops.

I'm a novice at SQL, but think I've tracked it down to this in my WHM SQL process list:

894707xxx_xxxxxlocalhostxxxx_xxxxxPrepare11LockedSELECT thread.* , user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, thread.username, user.username) AS use
I'm getting 10-20 of these on the process list, which I think is the reason it hangs. Any ideas?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Do you have any add-ons installed?

If so, disable them all and re-enable them one at a time to determine which one is causing it.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I am unable to find that query in the core code.
It appears to be from an add-on.

Was your server previously tuned for vB?
If so, you may need to change some settings to suit XF.
Also, are all of your table types correct?

After seeing a different SQL error, I disabled exim, and that seemed to fix it. I'm not using email on this domain, so I guess that's OK for now.

I still haven't been able to fix this issue. Things I've tried:
  • Disabled all add-ons.
  • Enabled innoDB (which I had missed on the import).
  • Increased InnoDB settings in my.cnf.
  • Disabled all mail
I'm completely stumped. The site is almost unusable.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your previous post stated you had resolved it.

I'm confused as to what the actual problem is now.

It's the same problem, it just seems to come and go. I've tracked down that there is a problem with users writing to the database.

This process is currently at 369 % CPU:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/host.hawkeyelounge.com.pid --skip-external-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Can you run this query as the root MySQL user?

Code:
SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
We need to see it when the load is high.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 12.22.11 PM.png Sorry about the formatting.

This is the full text of the "info":

SELECT thread.* , user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, thread.username, user.username) AS use

Last edited: