Server error while upgrading 1.1.4

Backgen

Please kindly assist on this errors as below while doing upgrading:-

No entry is registered for key 'db'
  1. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1117
  2. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 166
  3. XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
  4. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
  5. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client13/web27/web/phpBB3/install/index.php at line 18
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

It's likely that the files haven't been uploaded correctly. I'd recommend reuploading them.

Alternatively, it looks like your library/config.php file has been removed. You may need to restore that from a backup (particularly if you don't remember the details in it).

It's likely that the files haven't been uploaded correctly. I'd recommend reuploading them.

Alternatively, it looks like your library/config.php file has been removed. You may need to restore that from a backup (particularly if you don't remember the details in it).
Hi Mike,

Is it config.php.default file? should i renamed it?

It was generated during the install based on the data you entered (db connection info). When you uploaded the files, it should've been maintained. You can remake it from config.php.default (by renaming it and entering your details).

Brogan: Sorry no luck on that...did as told.
Mike: from my library/config/php.default
$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';

$config['db']['port'] = '3306';

$config['db']['username'] = '';

$config['db']['password'] = '';

$config['db']['dbname'] = '';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

Hi Brogan: Funny thing is on my plesk interface it says Databases: 0 meaning there is no DB on my domain name...omg then where is my sql store for my forum?

I got this finally after i enter my db name and credentials

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'dbname.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 64
  6. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 34
  7. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 612
  8. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
  9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 794
  10. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 824
  11. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 735
  12. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 395
  13. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
  14. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
  15. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client13/web27/web/phpBB3/install/index.php at line 18

After i entered my credentials and point to the correct DB however it still says registry doesn't exist.....thats another part....hope we are close to resolution....

It likely means that the database exists, but it doesn't have XF installed into it.

If that's the same DB as before, you'd have to talk to your host to restore the DB. However, I have no idea how the XF tables would've been dropped in that case. The only way to drop the tables like that is via the install system, which would create the tables again immediately.

It likely means that the database exists, but it doesn't have XF installed into it.

If that's the same DB as before, you'd have to talk to your host to restore the DB. However, I have no idea how the XF tables would've been dropped in that case. The only way to drop the tables like that is via the install system, which would create the tables again immediately.
Hi Mike,

Appreciate for your prompt response. Is there anyway to manually create the XF tables back? If i am to do the install meaning all my existing Forum post will be gone for good as in Clean Install...am i right to say so?

You keep making contradictory statements.
You claim there are no databases showing in your control panel yet the forum is currently working?

You should consider hiring a tech admin to help you with this sort of thing.
Someone who can step you through everything, explaining how it all works.

Top Bottom