1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server error while upgrading 1.1.4

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Backgen, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Please kindly assist on this errors as below while doing upgrading:-

No entry is registered for key 'db'
    1. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1117
    2. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 166
    3. XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
    4. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    5. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
    6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client13/web27/web/phpBB3/install/index.php at line 18
    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's likely that the files haven't been uploaded correctly. I'd recommend reuploading them.

Alternatively, it looks like your library/config.php file has been removed. You may need to restore that from a backup (particularly if you don't remember the details in it).

3. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

4. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Hi Mike,

Is it config.php.default file? should i renamed it?

5. Mike

It was generated during the install based on the data you entered (db connection info). When you uploaded the files, it should've been maintained. You can remake it from config.php.default (by renaming it and entering your details).

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Brogan: Sorry no luck on that...did as told.
    Mike: from my library/config/php.default
    $config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';

$config['db']['port'] = '3306';

$config['db']['username'] = '';

$config['db']['password'] = '';

$config['db']['dbname'] = '';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

8. Brogan

You need to populate your config.php file with the database username, password and name.

9. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Hi Brogan: Funny thing is on my plesk interface it says Databases: 0 meaning there is no DB on my domain name...omg then where is my sql store for my forum?

10. Backgen

Backgen New Member

I got this finally after i enter my db name and credentials

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'dbname.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 64
    6. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 34
    7. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 612
    8. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
    9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 794
    10. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 824
    11. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 735
    12. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 395
    13. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
    14. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    15. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
    16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client13/web27/web/phpBB3/install/index.php at line 18

11. Brogan

In which case it must have been deleted.
    Do you have a backup?
    If not, contact your host - they may have one.

12. Backgen

Backgen New Member

After i entered my credentials and point to the correct DB however it still says registry doesn't exist.....thats another part....hope we are close to resolution....

13. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Have you censored 'dbname', because if not that's very likely to not be the correct value

14. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Hi Luke,

Yes, i censored the DBname due to security measures.

15. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Has anyone encountered this server error? Any workaround?

16. Mike

It likely means that the database exists, but it doesn't have XF installed into it.

If that's the same DB as before, you'd have to talk to your host to restore the DB. However, I have no idea how the XF tables would've been dropped in that case. The only way to drop the tables like that is via the install system, which would create the tables again immediately.

17. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Hi Mike,

Appreciate for your prompt response. Is there anyway to manually create the XF tables back? If i am to do the install meaning all my existing Forum post will be gone for good as in Clean Install...am i right to say so?

18. Mike

All the data is in the database, so with the tables missing, the data is gone already...

19. Backgen

Backgen New Member

Hi Mike,

But my forum is currently up and running live on the server and its online at the moment...so how can it be lose? Where can all the post be kept?

20. Brogan

You keep making contradictory statements.
    You claim there are no databases showing in your control panel yet the forum is currently working?

You should consider hiring a tech admin to help you with this sort of thing.
    Someone who can step you through everything, explaining how it all works.