XF 1.1 Server Error Undefined index: field5_title

snoopy5

Hi

I just try to test the import of a vb forum into XF. The plan is to import around 9 different vb 3.8x forums into 1 XF forum.

Now I just tried to import the first forum and get this error as soon as I hit the import custom user fields:

Server Error

Undefined index: field5_title
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 533
  2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUserFields() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/_tests/xfdt_import/admin.php at line 13

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

In includes/config.php, add:
Code:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Thanks. I tried it. disabling worked.

Now I know that the plugins/addons are not responsible for this. It seems that that path to many vb icons is lost. see screenshot from the frontend and backend. What could cause this?

frontend_missingnavigation.webp

backend_missingbuttonsetc.webp

One more proof that XenForo is better :p

(y)

...has anybody ever doubted this ?:LOL:

update:

Since someone else wrote on the last page, that I only need the mysql5-vb-db and the attachments, I try now something different.

I upgraded the db as described above. But instead of trying to fix this appearance issue on the vb installation, I just switched the vb-forum in the config.php file back to mysql 4 and rerun an import with the other mysql 5 upgraded database.

This is running currently. Importing the first 3 steps worked flawlessly (but I have still this code edit mentioned earlier in the import file). Currently it is importing private messages. Takes a long time (over 15 minutes alraeady). Did not know that so many users are using PMs...

I will report back as soon as there are news with my testimport...

update:

The PM import did not work. Never moved over 97%. So I went back with the browser, made first other import-steps and then hit again import PMs. Now it workd within 2 seconds. 100%. All is imported now. I rebuilded the search index and then I will test the results :)

Usergroup permissions are neutral, i.e. every imported usergroup except admin has the same permissions. I guess this is normal.

What I see at the moment are 2 issues, with which I need help:

1. The "umlaute" are after the import wrong. In postings and in the userprofiles.
2. The user profile field #5 is totally missing. Neither the title, nor the content or even an empty field is visible. I have to check all other profile-fields (these are many) but I guess this is because of my code edit in the importer file of XF earlier.

But so far it feels good not to depend on vb anymore...

p.s.: could it be that the umlaute went wrong already with upgrade of mysql4 to mysql5? But both had swedish setting... Mysql 4.1 uses already the correct code.

Thanks. I tried it. disabling worked.

Now I know that the plugins/addons are not responsible for this. It seems that that path to many vb icons is lost. see screenshot from the frontend and backend. What could cause this?

View attachment 35319

View attachment 35320

Your phrases are jacked.

Try running install/upgrade.php in vB to reimport the XML. Or send me a PM with access to your vB database and I will take a look.

Thanks Jake,

I might come back to your offer at a later time. I first try to learn as much as possible with the import. Since i have to merge around 9 vb forums into 1 XF forum, I need to know what I am doing here :)

update:

It seems that most of my described problems were mysql related. I made now several different mysql dumps of the old vb-mysql4-db and an import in a fresh mysql5 db and with this new mysql5-db, there is no problem anymore with the Umlaute or other import steps. Even the original vb-installation works fine now with mysql5.

The only old issue, I could not resolve yet is the missing profile field #5, whih deos not show up anymore as described above. Maybe I need to to another test import and this time without the code modification...

So whats new on questions?

1. Display # of members on front page

The importer correctly imported the exact number of users, which are shown in vb n the frontpage. In the backend, they also show the exact number of users. But in the frontF, it shows a significant lower nummer as members (on the right side). It seems to me, that on the frontpage of XF it does not count the users who are waiting for email notification and/or are banned.

2. Image size of attachmenst/thumbnails

It seems that all images within postings ar imported correctly. But the thumbnail size is just too small. Is there a way to define the thumbnail size in advance before importing a forum or resizing them after the import?

3. What shall I do, if I want now to import in this master-XF-forum my second vb forum with around 95% different users and different postings but almost same forum titles?

Best wishes

1) Correct. Banned users and users awaiting email confirmation are not counted by XF.

2) That would have to be changed before the import:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions

3) You can run multiple consecutive imports. Users can be automatically merged by email address, but there is no merging of forums from separate imports. That would have to be done manually after the import.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/move-all-discussions-in-one-node-to-another.36005/#post-409341

uuups, I had an error in reasoning. Since there is no album feature in XF, it does not help me to import the images into new threads. I would rather try to use an album plugin (I saw it somewhere) and let the users upload the images in new albums again.

Or do you plan to make your vb4 script compatible with this plugin?

uuups, I had an error in reasoning. Since there is no album feature in XF, it does not help me to import the images into new threads. I would rather try to use an album plugin (I saw it somewhere) and let the users upload the images in new albums again.

The vB4 importer imports albums as threads.

I believe someone has been working on an importer for their own photo gallery (robbo). But that is not yet released at this time and has no ETA.

update:

I just imported a second vb-forum into the XF Master forum for testing things out. All went fine so far.

One question:

Since all my vb forums have the same usergroup names, I have now in XF twice "registered users", "moderators" etc. How can I merge the same usergroups into one after the vb-import? If I import a third vb-forum, I will have them 3x the same usergroups and then need to merge them too :)

update:

I just imported a second vb-forum into the XF Master forum for testing things out. All went fine so far.

One question:

Since all my vb forums have the same usergroup names, I have now in XF twice "registered users", "moderators" etc. How can I merge the same usergroups into one after the vb-import? If I import a third vb-forum, I will have them 3x the same usergroups and then need to merge them too :)

You're better off worrying about user groups after you've finished merging all your forums.

YES, you can condense afterwards and re-apply some permission settings as needed once completed.

I help someone merge about 13 sites into 1 forum. The little details such as this were taken care of afterwards

Top Bottom