XF 1.5 Server error logs while registration of user

First thing to do would be to check your add-ons list and see which ones is involving in user registration, if there's any try to disable them one by one and see if the errors stops occurring.

I have these two add-on related to registration time:
  • Automatic Watch Thread and Watch Forum on Registration
  • Auto Follow on Registration
I disabled them one by one to check. But no result. Again errors come after a registration.
I have no more thing related to registration, and no more new add-ons since coming this error (but Happy Birthday, and we checked it and there was no relation to that)

I don't think an add-on is related here.

It's the second error in this post:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/happy-birthday-paid.109048/#post-1021794

The specific code causing the exception to be logged is our own code. It's worth noting we are specifically catching the exception here and merely logging it for your info. This is not interrupting users from registering. With that in mind it would actually be safe to ignore the error.

That said, the error itself is indicating a problem reading the response from Gravatar. This isn't something we directly have control over. There's possibly a network related cause (such as a firewall or other connection issue) or problems with the response being received from Gravatar.

It would be worth checking with your host in the first instance.

If you don't use Gravatar, you could simply disable it.

I don't think an add-on is related here.

It's the second error in this post:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/happy-birthday-paid.109048/#post-1021794

The specific code causing the exception to be logged is our own code. It's worth noting we are specifically catching the exception here and merely logging it for your info. This is not interrupting users from registering. With that in mind it would actually be safe to ignore the error.

That said, the error itself is indicating a problem reading the response from Gravatar. This isn't something we directly have control over. There's possibly a network related cause (such as a firewall or other connection issue) or problems with the response being received from Gravatar.

It would be worth checking with your host in the first instance.

If you don't use Gravatar, you could simply disable it.
I try to change my avatar to use gravatar, and when I clicked on Test in box, an error came:
2015-12-31_21-34-08.webp
I don't know what is the problem with it, but for now, I'll disable it.
If anyone could find the reason, sharing it will be appreciated.

Top Bottom