XF 1.5 Server Error Log (HELP)

Your server is probably blocking outgoing SMTP in the firewall (I had to contact my host to get SMTP rule removed from CSF firewall)

This has to be done at a server level.

Just contact your host and say you need the firewall adjusted to allow you to send emails via SMTP.

Last edited:
Your server is probably blocking outgoing SMTP in the firewall (I had to contact mine to get SMTP rule removed from CSF firewall)

This has to be done at a server level.

Just contact your host and say you need the firewall adjusted to allow you to send emails via SMTP.
Its google's gsuite services, how do you propose I fix this?

Whomever your hosting provider for your site is the one you have to contact and ascertain if they are blocking outbound port 456 at the firewall level (or at any level).
Simply ask them that very statement above and they should be able to tell you yes or no. If yes, then you need to have them open that port in their firewall for outbound traffic or you will not be able to utilize the SMTP service on that port. If their response is no, then they need to research to find why the traffic is being blocked.

Is this a shared hosting provider or a VPS/dedicated server setup? If VPS/dedicated server it will be easy to do. If shared hosting then they should already have it opened but may not due to abuse(s) by other clients.

Top Bottom