Serious Security Issue

Gabby

Hello,
So view my forum today and see that there are six new spammers. All from same IP address. WTF?

Also able to post as a guest without permission. Guest permission set correctly.

So need this problem solved asap.
Why were they able to post as a guest even if permissions are set properly
Why were they able to post using same IP address?

Oh and interesting note. Humm, my forum does't even come up on google search yet someone found me. The only place they could have me is from here. :rolleyes: :mad:

Hey Blue, yet it's wierd. i've double checked my permission... yada yada yada.

Anyone have any answers? Forum is closed until I figure this out:)

Just stop and think for yourself: this forum software is used by many other people.
How probable is it that you are the only one with this error? Unlikely.
But it's highly likely that this is a permission problem. Open a ticket and give some someone from the support team forum access.

Just stop and think for yourself: this forum software is used by many other people.
How probable is it that you are the only one with this error? Unlikely.
But it's highly likely that this is a permission problem. Open a ticket and give some someone from the support team forum access.

Probably so. It's easy to do with this ridiculous permission system.:)

I'm still going through everything. I'm sure I'm totally missing something.

DONE :)

I changed a few guest settings to "never", verified that your node settings were correct (they were), and then rebuilt the thread, forum, and user cache to make sure the system cycles those settings completely.

You should be all set to open your site and I will attempt to post as a guest to test things.

FYI:

admin.php?logs/admin

^^ For your peace of mind, you can always confirm someone's full actions by viewing your logs :)

This is good practice to do any time you give someone admin access (no matter how trusted) ;)

Top Bottom