Won't fix  Separation of phrases

I don't understand this report. You need to be specific about what's wrong and what a suitable change would be.

Using of this global phrases in this templates are wrong - we can't translate them properly. Please add separate local phrases.

I think he is saying that there should be 2 new phrases called for the report_view template.
{xen:phrase report_view_report}
{xen:phrase report_view_comment}

I understand that "report" and "comment" can have 2 usages (noun and verb), though I'm unclear if that's the issue. "Forum" doesn't fit that and we're only using it in one context.

Obviously I don't know Russian so I can't speak to what translations are necessary, but I definitely fail to see the issue with "Forum" and potentially with the others as I don't know what the report is saying. (Obviously the language barrier is a problem with reports like this...)

I'm sorry, we are having a hard time understanding the nature of the issue you are describing. Could you go through it again from the beginning please?

@Kier
He means:
The phrase forum is usable at many positions and he want to split this in phrase forum1 and forum2
Any of this phrases must for him contain another russian content.

But I think this problem is in many other languages the same.
Mostly it's possible to find an other word or wordcombination for a solution.
The other way is to replace a phrase with a fix (russian) text.

That's no bug her.

Initially, the board is called "ForumS". Forums divided into parts called "Forum".
Now in English, both words called "forum", but in russian language they are still separated, so you need to have separate phrases that represent the entire set of forums, and one forum.

Frankly, this is still going to be a problem as, if I'm following what you're saying, the concept doesn't exist in English and thus really isn't maintainable from our perspective. Well, it does, but if I'm selecting a "forum" from a list, the term is still a forum (as you're picking a result).

Google Translate comes up with "forum" and "section" for the two terms you gave. "Section" is a reasonable term, but really it's just more generic than forum, so it's hard for me to really understand what change to make. If we did make a change, it would still create a huge ambiguity and it would effectively be impossible for us to interpret what you need in each location(or what another language would need, if it has different rules).

Mike, At the moment, I am no longer able to find places where there is a similar problem.

Please just understand, at the moment, simply does not go to the normal translation of some pages (which I have), without such a separation of phrases ..

The issue is that I am unaware how to set this up in a logical way that we can even apply to you - the concept that you seem to require doesn't exist in English, so we couldn't apply it. There's another Russian translation (which didn't bring up this issue) and I was hoping that maybe they'd give some feedback, but they haven't.

At this point, this has to be a won't fix. You will have to do the best to workaround it.

Top Bottom