Separate Icons For Each Node?

TheJoker

I'd like to use a different, static icon for each node on my board.

For example,

Say I have two nodes: Mac, and iPhone

I want the Mac status icon to be a picture of a Mac (that I supply) and the iPhone node to have a picture of an iPhone.

Is there some way to do this? Preferably a mod?

Note that this seems to be the correct code, as the ".read" class doesn't exist.

Code:
.node .node_X .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_X .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("image path");
background-position: 0 center;
}

.node .node_X .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_X .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("image path");
}

Not sure what you mean but you'll have to (for the read) use another image. Perhaps greyscale it via an editor or use opacity lowering it for read nodes whilst keeping unread unchanged and untouched so that read/unread are distinguished by your members.

It's advisble if your using another image (to change the path & filename).

so for example

Code:
.node .node_X .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_X .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("path/to/image/mac.png");
}

.node .node_X .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_X .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("path/to/image/greyscalemac.png");
}

The above would have the same image but they would be two different images where you would modify the greyscale icon in an editor.

or

you could use the same icon and paths and add in an opacity (lowering it) to make it distinguishable (below)

Code:
}

opacity: 0.4;  }

There many ways you can go about doing this those are two examples.

I cant get it to work. There is no Image, just the default Node Icon from the Styles. I have put this into my extra.css:

.node .node_19 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_19 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("/styles/icons/movies.png");
}

.node .node_19 .forumNodeInfo.read .nodeIcon, .node .node_19 .categoryForumNodeInfo.read .nodeIcon {
}

I want only 1 Icon, no read & unread. Could you please tell me what is wrong?

I cant get it to work. There is no Image, just the default Node Icon from the Styles. I have put this into my extra.css:

.node .node_19 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_19 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

.node .node_19 .forumNodeInfo.read .nodeIcon, .node .node_19 .categoryForumNodeInfo.read .nodeIcon {
}

I want only 1 Icon, no read & unread. Could you please tell me what is wrong?

Try this:

Code:
}

.node .node_19 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_19 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-position: 0 center
}

this is what I have and it is working fine:

Code:
.categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .node_212 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_212 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("/market/agriculture.jpg") !important;
}
.categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .node_212 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_212 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("/market/agriculture.jpg") !important;
}

Top Bottom