Implemented Separate 'Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...'

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I just tested it, and the "automatically watch threads when you reply" option includes threads you create. I assume you want the option to automatically watch threads you create, but not additional threads you reply to?

I just tested it, and the "automatically watch threads when you reply" option includes threads you create. I assume you want the option to automatically watch threads you create, but not additional threads you reply to?

Yes i hate getting messages for every thread i reply in, but i do like getting messages telling me someone has replied to my threads.
I just hate having to click the "Watch this thread..." on every topic i make.

I like this too, never really liked that it was an "all or nothing" option, a little flexibility would be wonderful.

It would be great to get an alert when someone replies to a thread you have created. This kind of thing is great for none web/forum savvy newbies to keep up to date with what they've posted.

I notice this has been implemented, however it'd be nice if the options were split to only be notified of replies in threads you've created, or only threads you've responded to (or both). I'd like to be notified when a thread I created is responded to, but not when a new post is added to a thread I replied to.

I was just about to post about this ... and found this thread through search.

I notice this has been implemented, however it'd be nice if the options were split to only be notified of replies in threads you've created, or only threads you've responded to (or both). I'd like to be notified when a thread I created is responded to, but not when a new post is added to a thread I replied to.
from : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-automatically-watch-threads-you-create.3480/

xenforo.automatically.watch.threads.created.but.not.when.you.reply.option.webp

Do xenForo focus on the community what so ever?, I love xenForo and the dev's seem very passionate about it but they don't seem to be listing to people's suggestions.

Do xenForo focus on the community what so ever?, I love xenForo and the dev's seem very passionate about it but they don't seem to be listing to people's suggestions.
XenForo is well known to implement suggestions and make changes based on feedback. There are several suggestions with more first post likes (more community support) that the developers may decide to focus on first. There were drastic changes in 1.2, a good bit based on user suggestions and feedback. You are making suggestions and hoping for changes during the Release Candidate phase, which isn't going to happen. Kier and Mike will evaluate suggestions for 1.3 and on.

This is a great idea. This was a feature of the last forum platform I used (though it didn't use alerts for it, of course) and it's something I referenced almost daily. Would be nice to have it back. Since Kier said it was a great idea and could likely be implemented "in a couple of minutes", I can only guess that it just got overlooked.

P.S. The original suggestion thread referenced above is no longer to be found....

This is a really good idea. I should be able to implement this in a couple of minutes I think.
Five years :D

It is important to notify me if there is any new reply in "my" threads. But it can be an annoying to receive alerts for all posts in all threads that I have post inside.

Giving the user the option to Automatically watch threads that he created ONLY will be very useful.

Please have a look to this suggestion
@Kier @Mike @Chris D

It is important to notify me if there is any new reply in "my" threads. But it can be an annoying to receive alerts for all posts in all threads that I have post inside.

I know this is not what this suggestion thread is about ... however if you are genuinely not interested in getting alerts about threads you've posted in, simply unwatch all threads, disable the alert in your user preferences and then when you create new threads just tick the box to watch them. That way you'll only get alerts about replies your threads. (y)

I was just about to post about this ... and found this thread through search.

from : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-automatically-watch-threads-you-create.3480/

View attachment 42196

YES, this!

(BTW, that link throws an error :( Is there another thread with this suggestion going?)

I've found that our members go through this process:
  1. Default to "subscribe to threads you start and reply to.
  2. Find that a really active thread where they participate in gets too many alerts, so they unsubscribe.
  3. They rely to the thread and are automatically re-subscribed.
  4. Are frustrated because they want to auto-subscribe to new threads they create, but do NOT want to subscribe to threads they reply to.
Solution: Split out the "auto subscribe" as suggested above.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom