SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

@au lait, Google Search Console is giving these errors for all Amp threads:

The tag 'img' should be replaced with an equivalent 'amp-img' tag.

The images are attachements to posts and embedded at full width not remote images.

og:image is only showing up while logged in and using the og:image set in forum properties instead of the thread (first img tag, first image, avatar)

I think it should be in reverse, or, if in thread view display the og:image as the first image then fallback to the og:image for the forum

Also getting an error that fb:app_id is missing. This should be an option to include.

Also getting an error that fb:app_id is missing. This should be an option to include.

Yes, I noticed this too. Please give us this option to add fb:app_id as Facebook debugger is giving an error, though I know it is mandatory.

og:image is now showing up on users logged out with the new update, but is still not displaying it correctly.

The forum node's OG is used first, even though the following are checked (and I assume should be used in priority over forum node's OG in thread view):
    • Default first image of first post
  • If available, the 1st image from the 1st post is used. If there is none, the above settings are used.
    • Fallback to first IMG Code Image
  • If there is no attachment image, the first image is taken from the text (IMG bbCode).
    • Fallback to Avatar
  • If no images are found, the avatar of the user will be used.

Recommend a name change SEO (SEO2) is redundant and slightly confusing. Probably should just use one or the other.

Just because Xenforo changes versions doesn't make it necessary for add-ons to reflect it, they are already categorized - we know it works for Xenforo 2 putting it in the name is unnecessary.

Seems like a great add-on and getting better. Take the name "SEO" and just own it!

Has anyone seen any specific improvements in terms of google traffic/search listings as a direct consequence of this addon? Interested to hear some feedback from people who use this before buying this addon.

Hi, I would like to buy your add-on but we are on xf 2.1 RC already - do you have any idea when you will publish a version that works with xf 2.1? Thank you!

AMP ads. Where do I place the code? This is a stopper for me! OH, BTW, I use this for ads:
Ads in AMP pages have to be done by yourself.

AMP only allows certain providers. A list can be found here including examples for an integration.
This part might be something for a tool like this -> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ads-manager-2-by-siropu.6153/

AMP threads should not be served under /amp-threads/ URL. Instead, the AMP identifier should be at the end. Right?
I will give both options.

1. /amp-threads/test.xxxx/
  2. /threads/test.xxxx/amp

Top Bottom