Sendy For Email Marketing

Looks good, thanks. But does it just clean up things like spam emails, or does it also clean emails from old users that are no longer valid?

I cut my recipients right down over time. I downloaded several recent campaigns, I did the last 5, anyone who failed to open all 5 I sent to the unsubscribed list. I periodically do that now... so instead of wasting $$$ sending to people who are never going to open the email, I changed my open rate from 5 - 10% to 85 - 95% open rate.

I periodically repeat the process.

End results was pretty good. Now trying it with two emjois, surrounding the subject. Its a Saturday so will be interesting to see outcome.

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 10.27.03 AM.webp

I cut my recipients right down over time. I downloaded several recent campaigns, I did the last 5, anyone who failed to open all 5 I sent to the unsubscribed list. I periodically do that now... so instead of wasting $$$ sending to people who are never going to open the email, I changed my open rate from 5 - 10% to 85 - 95% open rate.

I periodically repeat the process.

I will probably do that to this list after a few more emails.

What's your average open/click rate usually with Sendy/SES?

I have never received higher than 6% opens and 1.2% clicks

What's your average open/click rate usually with Sendy/SES?

I have never received higher than 6% opens and 1.2% clicks

Depends on the site. Older sites have lower rates. Our highest open rate we have for a site is around 17-18% and our lowest is 2%.

This forum is still pretty small. I've had pretty good luck using Sendy and SES.. this campaign I sent yesterday really generated a lot of replies, most not even from the links I placed within the newsletter.

sendyCampain.webp

Just purchased Sendy and have installed it on my dedi server, inside my nginx with php 7.1 configured xenforo site.

I've completed the install process, and unable to get beyond the login page. No issue with the username/password, its correct, but hitting Sign-In and I'm almost immediately looped back to the Login page.

My Sendy related nginx config is ...
Code:
        # Compact way of dealing with all extensionless URLs that use the URL path as a GET variable
        location ~ /sendy/(l|t|w|(un)?subscribe)/ {
                add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, noarchive";
                rewrite ^/sendy/([^/]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/$1.php?i=$2 last;
        }

# Sendy specific internal rewrites. Sendy URLs are extensionless, this rule matches extensionless URLs and appends the .php extension
        location /sendy/ {
                rewrite ^/sendy/([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+) /sendy/$1.php?$args last;

Anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

I've been through https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#login-page-reloads-without-error-message and ruled out all 4 options.

Just purchased Sendy and have installed it on my dedi server, inside my nginx with php 7.1 configured xenforo site.

I've completed the install process, and unable to get beyond the login page. No issue with the username/password, its correct, but hitting Sign-In and I'm almost immediately looped back to the Login page.

My Sendy related nginx config is ...
Code:
        # Compact way of dealing with all extensionless URLs that use the URL path as a GET variable
        location ~ /sendy/(l|t|w|(un)?subscribe)/ {
                rewrite ^/sendy/([^/]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/$1.php?i=$2 last;
        }

# Sendy specific internal rewrites. Sendy URLs are extensionless, this rule matches extensionless URLs and appends the .php extension
        location /sendy/ {
                rewrite ^/sendy/([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+) /sendy/$1.php?$args last;

Anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

I've been through https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#login-page-reloads-without-error-message and ruled out all 4 options.
Code:
    location /sendy/l/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/l.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/t/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/t.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/w/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/w.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/unsubscribe/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/unsubscribe/(.*)$ /sendy/unsubscribe.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/subscribe/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/subscribe/(.*)$ /sendy/subscribe.php?i=$1 last;
    }

Thx.
With that, /sendy/login now gives me a 404

Code:
    location /sendy/l/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/l.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/t/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/t.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/w/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ /sendy/w.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/unsubscribe/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/unsubscribe/(.*)$ /sendy/unsubscribe.php?i=$1 last;
    }

location /sendy/subscribe/ {
        rewrite ^/sendy/subscribe/(.*)$ /sendy/subscribe.php?i=$1 last;
    }
Those are what I've used on multiple sites, and all work.

Top Bottom