Sendy For Email Marketing

Went for a little while with SES, but they booted us for having too unclean a list.
You just use an SMTP service for the first month or two... which Sendy allows you to use instead of SES. Then you switch over the SES once your list is clean and have removed the majority of bounces, non-opened, so forth. If someone doesn't open an email for three months, chances are the email account is just their spam one for setting up accounts and such, thus no real use sending them email to become a negative statistic IMHO.

How do you export your XF list to Sendy? btw, it says you need Apache? I have LiteSpeed :(

It will work with LiteSpeed as it supports apache rules.

You can export manually or use the Sendy Integrate addon available from *******.

We are sending out about 100k emails a week using Sendy and SES and that will soon go to 300 to 400k. There are plenty of ways to clean lists before sending. I'll link to a few when I get to a computer.

Just send out my first real campaign to a 23K list this morning. Took 1h to complete sending. My max rate is 14 email/second.
It works very well so far. Just 10 hours after the sending and the open rate is at 33% already. Many of our members are 12 hour timezone different so we will see if they pick it up when they wake up.
Once the list is cleaned, we will use SES to send it to not get any penalty.

How do you export your XF list to Sendy?
The best way is with *******'s add-on. Especially as it keeps adding your new registrations automatically.

You can just dump your user table from XF into an excel .csv and import it into Sendy, then go from there how you want to manage it, i.e. not add new registrations automatically, and instead allow Sendy to manage your list entirely via its embedded signup option which you can then set for single or double opt-in.

@Anthony Parsons
Looked at MailStyler but it does not have a Mac version yet.
I'm using https://www.campaignmonitor.com/email-templates/#gallery to create template and then export the html and use it for my campaigns.

I haven't come across an online template builder that works yet. Most have a limited list of templates you can use and you have to start over again to make minor changes for each campaign.
I'm not affiliated with these folks, but this app for Mac looks sweet:

http://www.equinux.com/us/products/maildesigner2/mail-designer-pro-2/

The plan always was, and still is, to complete the work on that. Stuart has an early beta running at AVF. There's currently no ETA. Lots to do and very little time at the moment.

The plan always was, and still is, to complete the work on that. Stuart has an early beta running at AVF. There's currently no ETA. Lots to do and very little time at the moment.

If possible, I'd love to see any future add-on include some sort of support for those who may decide to migrate from the ******* add-on, given the recent events.

Hi guys, when using Sendy, can you limit the amount of emails sent per hour? My host limits me to 400 or 500 emails per hour. Will Sendy take that into account if I want to send a newsletter to 8000 members? Thanks.

Sendy can only send as fast as the mail host allows. To be honest, I would use the Amazon SES setup in Sendy for your email, that way your host has nothing to do with it, no limits. You will get better inbox rates with SES than using your server IP. Chances are, you may do a lot of damage to your IP sending that sort of mail, because as people hit spam or such on your mail, that IP is being logged and smashed as a spam source. It isn't worth it.

I've had the same IP for a lot of years now, and just having members decide to leave and hit spam on their mail client for all their chosen subscriptions when received at their inbox... that has all added up that I was starting to get signup messages and such going to spam too much... so I moved my entire site to SES, 99.99% inbox delivery once again.

You're better off allowing a professional to manage email IP's nowadays... SES allows this very cheaply.

Top Bottom