Add-on Sendy.co integrated within XenForo?

markku

http://sendy.co

I wonder if it would be possible to implement this within xF. Sendy is a very economical way of sending emails.

Sendy is basically a self-hosted app that uses php and mysql, and the emails are sent through Amazon SES.

I'd like to somehow get a "Subscribe" form on my forum, with Sendy in the backend.

Feasible?

Nice service! For a big forum, services like Mailchimp and Aweber are simply too expensive...

Very interesting this Sendy...cheap and with similar features of Mailchimp, Aweber etc....I support this.

Because you can't use a service like Aweber or Mailchimp with a big forum (over 50.000 users). Is simply too expensive. These services are built for internet marketers, not big forum owners. I'm very happy to see a service suitable for bigforum admin...

I will pay surely pay 50$ for an integration of Sendy with Xenforo. :-)

Very interesting this Sendy...cheap and with similar features of Mailchimp, Aweber etc....I support this.

Because you can't use a service like Aweber or Mailchimp with a big forum (over 50.000 users). Is simply too expensive. These services are built for internet marketers, not big forum owners. I'm very happy to see a service suitable for bigforum admin...

I will pay surely pay 50$ for an integration of Sendy with Xenforo. :)
it gets cheaper if you only email active members within a time range. Of those 50k users i would bet that less than 10k are active in the past 30days.

http://sendy.co

I wonder if it would be possible to implement this within xF. Sendy is a very economical way of sending emails.

Sendy is basically a self-hosted app that uses php and mysql, and the emails are sent through Amazon SES.

I'd like to somehow get a "Subscribe" form on my forum, with Sendy in the backend.

Feasible?
Hi markku -

Sendy actually comes with html subscription forms that you can put into a spot on your forum. They, of course, tie into the Sendy system and help you build a list.

Thanks Coop. Good to know :)

*wants an option for the signup form, too, where one could choose whether they want to be part of the email list...* Probably not that hard to implement...

Could you not just modify sendy php to look at XF users table as it's source of email addresses instead? Sounds like a much better and cleaner solution to me. Perhaps even sendy would make that an available function if you asked them?

I think the best solution is a addon that permits to use sendy to send newsletter to users...without the integration with the database, you can't send e-mail to all your users.

it gets cheaper if you only email active members within a time range. Of those 50k users i would bet that less than 10k are active in the past 30days.
I prefer to send my newsletter to all my members...i want to send a regular "reminder" to all the inactive users. "I'm still, alive, ah-ah!"

I will send a newsletter a month.
I need to know if it's easy to download username + email address data from xenforo database easily, so that I can import them into sendy.
Please help!

Last edited:
This looks interesting, I have an upcoming project which will end up sending in excess of 1 million emails a month...

I have been using sendy.co for a while now and it's great, cheap and effective. I'd love to be able to integrate it with my user list to send my newsletter to the forum members.

Top Bottom