Add-on Sendy.co integrated within XenForo?

Sendy looks promising. I might use it for my forums if it does things like one button unsubscribe via email, automatically compile and send emails every month without us needing do it etc... It could probably be integrated with @Chris Deeming's Media Gallery to send out random media of the month etc.

Meanwhile I can use sendy by manually importing users from Xenforo?

Yes of course, that's what I'm doing for my monthly newsletter.
Once a month I export username and email of all new members that accepted emails from the administrators and put them in excel on 2 separate columns.
Then I save the csv and import it in sendy.
Et voila'

I would still prefer to have an addon to save time and to set up an autoresponder serie that would be generated from the first day the users join my board.

@Stuart Wright @Chris D Was this idea shelved?
I'd pay good money to get a working integration of Sendy.co and xenForo.
For bigger forums, it gives hope because mailchimp and everything else is too heftily priced.

@Stuart Wright @Chris D Was this idea shelved?
I'd pay good money to get a working integration of Sendy.co and xenForo.
For bigger forums, it gives hope because mailchimp and everything else is too heftily priced.

Maybe you don't know that there are Mails addon by xfrocks that support Mandrill/Mailgun that are very cheap. I use it and it's great (the only limit is that you can't use it for newsletter).

It is in development.
Congratulations on your joining the official XF team.

However, does it mean that you won't be releasing as many other addons? Does this news affect that?

I wonder if this Sendy addon will be finished and released in the future?

All the best, you're the star,
Markku

Bit of an assumption :)

This was already in development so it is somewhat of an existing commitment just in the same way my free add-ons and other paid add-ons are which will remain supported and developed by me as an individual in my spare time.

That's really good to hear Chris, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully, it will be implemented in stock xF since a mass email sending solution does not exist for large boards unless they dig deep... really deep. I personally just want to send newsletters via the email users feature. Coupled with Waindigo's latest add-on to queue these emails I think it would be a very acceptable, affordable and practical solution.

This was just released:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-sendy-integrate.3893/

But I'll rather wait for @Chris D's version... His addons never disappoint.

We created Sendy integrate add-on and released at https://*******.com/resources/sendy-integrate.194/.

Thanks @jgas for contributing to the development of this add-on.

I forgot to update everyone on the plugin developed by *******: well, that's great =)
It integrates easily with xenforo and now all my new registered users are also "passed" to sendy.

Top Bottom