Lack of interest Send Manual Alerts Front End (Permission Based)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Disciple of Nagash

I think the alert function on XF is one of its best features. It is an excellent way to get member's attention, without having to set up forum wide alerts or start a conversation.

I currently use an add-on that allows you to manually create an alert and send it using various criteria, including user groups - this is fantastic for people who are involved in particular activities (like roleplays), but I think it this should be core, and also work from the front end.

So it a nutshell what I am suggesting is:

• Allow manual alert to be sent, entering text and optionally a link
  • Allow manual alert to be sent on various criteria including usergroups
  • Allow manual alert to be sent via the front end by moderators (if permissions allowed)
Please like if you support this idea.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For a role playing forum that would be very beneficial. Also I can see it being useful for other specialty forums like for those who use their forum to buy/sell/trade/bid on stuff, etc.

I can see a use for warning / remembering the user of the forum rules without having to use the more harsh warning system.

This is a great idea!

Hope to see a more powerful permission system on that.

I suggest to add also the option to make possible that a group can alert only some groups and not all.

Top Bottom