1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send Emails To Specific Users

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by LuvMeSumZen, Jan 15, 2015.

1. LuvMeSumZen

LuvMeSumZen Active Member

I have a frequent need to send emails to specific users across multiple user groups, without sending the email to all users in each of those groups. As it stands, I would have to enter only one username at a time to send an email from the ACP. The Email Users does not allow for entering multiple usernames in the User Name: field, as with sending emails to multiple recipients as in t-bird for example.

I'm not sure how to even ask for a specific solution. If I could send to multiple usernames that would be great, but even if I could generate an email list from a list of specific usernames, that would be fine as well since I could then copy and paste those emails into t-bird which automatically formats them with commas.

There may already be some kind of solution in the core for this and I just haven't found it yet. I hope to get some interest on this as I do need a solution for this. Anyone else interested in participating in this please sound off, but even if I am the only one I'm willing to foot the cost on it if someone is willing to write an add on.
    otto likes this.
  2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Is it always the same users?

You could add them to a new usergroup
  3. LuvMeSumZen

LuvMeSumZen Active Member

No, it changes every time.
  4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of is to add them to a usergroup, send the email, delete the usergroup and repeat everytime you need it. But it would probably be quicker just to carry on doing it the way you are