XF 1.1 Selling classified ads / threads?

Fergal

Is there a way to charge members via PayPal, to post threads in a certain forum section? Basically the site would have a classified ads section and members would have to pay to post a new thread there.

Thanks!

Thanks Brogan, I can see how that could be used by selling an upgrade to a User Group that has permission to start a new thread in a classifieds forum. Is there any way of doing it so that the member who purchases this would have the right to post just one thread in the classified section?

Thanks Brogan, I am aware of an add on that does that. I suppose I was just wondering if there was a more simplified way of selling classified ad threads. E.g. a member might want to purchase four ads in the one day whereas another member might want to purchase just one ad. That would be a little difficult to manage with the User Upgrade, unless I'm missing something.

Put the node in moderate forum,ask the advertiser to pay you through paypal and discuss the same in pm.Then let the advertiser post the thread in the forum and you accept the thread if you have recieved the pm ;)

Slavik has an add-on to allow users to pay to ADVANCE their classifieds up to the stickies in a forum - just mentioning in case you want to give freebies but have those who want more exposure to pay

Top Bottom