Seems XF is taking a beating now huh? Oh but,"everything is fine" right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicros

Well, looks like most topics regarding anything other than XF is the best, KAM are the best, and XF owns all and controls me are getting closed. Even styles that are clear rips, are being allowed to be sold. Who needs to look for warez sites when you can come here and get em? Right?

I do realize that those skins were taken down, but look how long it took. And yes, i realize some topics need to be closed due to not being on topic, or getting vulger, or people are picking on others, and the best of all..when someone questions the actions of the owners or when they say that XF isnt doing any good. I do see that the mods have a very tough job, they are doing the best they can and i am not hating on them or trying to cause problems, but it seems like being honest or open here isnt allowed.

If it questions the future of XF, things get closed or shut down. BTW where is the news from KAM that was coming soon months ago? Or does soon mean...any time in the future, as long as it takes?. Because if thats the case, why not just say...we dont know when we will have something to stay..but please stick around and enjoy the "growing community" because it is booming and shows tremendous love to the customers right?

This will get closed and i might be a temporary ban, because this whole topic comes off as being sarcastic and serves no purpose but..it actually does. It kind of opens up eyes to reality...but oh thats not allowed here anymore is it? Now i also see that you cant have a bunch of topics questioning XF's future because it will cause new customers to think twice..but we dont want them to know as much information as they can before giving up their hard earned money right? Because IT IS the american way!

Well, looks like most topics regarding anything other than XF is the best, KAM are the best, and XF owns all and controls me are getting closed. Even styles that are clear rips, are being allowed to be sold. Who needs to look for warez sites when you can come here and get em? Right?

I do realize that those skins were taken down, but look how long it took. And yes, i realize some topics need to be closed due to not being on topic, or getting vulger, or people are picking on others, and the best of all..when someone questions the actions of the owners or when they say that XF isnt doing any good. I do see that the mods have a very tough job, they are doing the best they can and i am not hating on them or trying to cause problems, but it seems like being honest or open here isnt allowed.

If it questions the future of XF, things get closed or shut down. BTW where is the news from KAM that was coming soon months ago? Or does soon mean...any time in the future, as long as it takes?. Because if thats the case, why not just say...we dont know when we will have something to stay..but please stick around and enjoy the "growing community" because it is booming and shows tremendous love to the customers right?

This will get closed and i might be a temporary ban, because this whole topic comes off as being sarcastic and serves no purpose but..it actually does. It kind of opens up eyes to reality...but oh thats not allowed here anymore is it? Now i also see that you cant have a bunch of topics questioning XF's future because it will cause new customers to think twice..but we dont want them to know as much information as they can before giving up their hard earned money right? Because IT IS the american way!

1. xf is a British company so American way is not valid here nor applicable

2. When something is closed you don't reword it and create another thread...it is disrespectful and it promotes the idea that you have an agenda.

3. Unless a content owner puts together a properly presented accusation showing evidence and does it through the proper channels it shouldn't be expected anything to be done. That is how it is handled EVERYWHERE legitimate. When you have an issue with someone elses work being copied you contact that other person and let them know and if they know it to be copied they can raise the issue.

Yes things could be a lot better around here...but in contrast things are still WAY better around here than anywhere else forum software concerned. It seems like the same things get brought up and when people get legitimate answers they ignore fact and the direction of logical actions and choose to try and spread chaos....so thanks for helping be part of the problem you supposedly seek to help?

Even styles that are clear rips, are being allowed to be sold. Who needs to look for warez sites when you can come here and get em? Right?

Dont perpetuate lies. Warez and piracy is taken very seriously.

So from when I was first aware of that thread at around 4:30 to when it was locked an hour later is "long"? Ok the reports might have been done earlier, but that was the first I was aware of it.

By the way, all mods are unpaid volunteers who all have their own companies / jobs to run. We can't provide a 5 minute responce time to a problem all the time.

Additionally when I asked for evidence, so I could speed things up as I have been scarse around here as of late, I was met with sarcastic replies.

We were hoping to post those answers up relatively shortly after the questions thread was closed.

Unfortunately circumstances well beyond our control has delayed that. Whilst people want the answers now, and the mods have seen the first draft, it is still not our place to post them. However, hopefully, when they are posted I think people will be somewhat pleased with them.

Why would you get banned? you've asked your questions in a (somewhat) constructive manor. I'm happy to answer.

These kind of comments are a prime example of people trying to cause problems.
in before the lock.

Funny Ashley has time to make a draft but no time to push the "Post Reply" button.. Comical actually.

Funny Ashley has time to make a draft but no time to push the "Post Reply" button.. Comical actually.

The first draft was overly convoluted and wordy.

Jake and I suggested to cut out a lot of it and provide it in a more concise way to be more direct in the answers to the questions.

However as previously stated, things beyond anyones control have taken Ashleys priority. And since that draft he has had next to no time to re-work the post.

Additionally when I asked for evidence, so I could speed things up as I have been scarse around here as of late, I was met with sarcastic replies.

Slavik evidence was linked in the initial reports... granted you may not of seen them but evidence was also posted on page 2 of the thread. My change of bg and logo was only to prove how blatant something was just as I posted in the release thread proving the blatant rip Adam(his "assistant" did)(which now you guys deleted/removed), it wasn't to harass or attack you, I spent less than minute using Firebug and photoshop to save the screen and upload it.

Previously in the Social release EVIDENCE was given on the first page FROM the original author, multiple reports again and no action on XF's side.

I respect you guys as moderators on here for the sheer environment we're all in but there's a line.

Final note, I really don't appreciate you calling me immature for choosing to remove my resources. I didn't pull a Floris and demanding 8000 post to be removed, I simply am moving my personal work into an area where I control what is posted. That's it, I've been here longer than the person noted, and I've provided plenty of support to XF users, you really stomped on that.

Reactions: HWS
The site is a corporate site for XF, so it's not set up to be a "free speech" zone where each of the many thousand XF owners gets to repeat the same talking points over and over...

IMHO, anyway.

But other than the same old same old repeated points, you are one of a few who have made a valid suggestion that I agree with - that ALL new buyers as well as purchases of extension should be steered to a thread or notice telling them that it is unclear if the developers will ever add another line or code or even visit the site.

To not do so is unethical, IMHO.

IF such a notice was made, at least XF could then have more right to delete such threads as this....or at least those which add nothing to the notice.

Slavik, if this is not already in the suggestion box to "the owners", it should be. But just IMHO...pay me no attention as usual.

can we *please* get a single thread back somewhere where these 'it's the end of the world and we know it'-posts from the same guys/girl can stay please? It's far more annoying to have 20 whining-threads per day instead of one you can easily ignore.

eh, he's busy, and that draft was almost 3 weeks ago now. Im sure he'll post it shortly when he has free time to come here.

Pff i had stage 3 cancer three years ago and never missed a beat on my multiple forums.. When i was needed i was there no questions asked. I even killed a notebook puking all over it one time to many.

Slavik evidence was linked in the initial reports... granted you may not of seen them but evidence was also posted on page 2 of the thread. My change of bg and logo was only to prove how blatant something was just as I posted in the release thread proving the blatant rip Adam(his "assistant" did)(which now you guys deleted/removed), it wasn't to harass or attack you, I spent less than minute using Firebug and photoshop to save the screen and upload it.

Previously in the Social release EVIDENCE was given on the first page FROM the original author, multiple reports again and no action on XF's side.

I respect you guys as moderators on here for the sheer environment we're all in but there's a line.

Final note, I really don't appreciate you calling me immature for choosing to remove my resources. I didn't pull a Floris and demanding 8000 post to be removed, I simply am moving my personal work into an area where I control what is posted. That's it, I've been here longer than the person noted, and I've provided plenty of support to XF users, you really stomped on that.

With due respect Russ, I missed Sadibs post, and I have just gone back and re-read it. I did read the whole thread but must not have registered what he was saying. (My phone has been going off left right and center, I am currently awaiting a large shipment of goods to hit the UK which have been delayed at customs so I have multiple customers snapping at my nuts wondering where their goods are)

In hindsight I should probably have left it for a mod who was more up-to-date to handle. But I felt when I open 3 threads of personal attacks and mostly accusations with no evidence, that I needed to step in and resolve the situation.

If there is an issue of piracy, the best action is to open a PC with the mods here, myself, Jake, Lawrence and Dean (who has been online today!). It is easier to discuss in a PC rather than the report feature and will allow for a more constructive discussion.

Also, I feel I must apologise for snapping at you earlier. Things are particularly stressfull at the moment, but it doesn't excuse taking it out on someone else.

Hopefully there's not a future incident however I'll gladly open a PC with all of you(I've always been a fan of the report feature so I used that a few times figuring it'd get the same result - clearly not so I took it public).

And stressful times can bring out the worst is us so no worries, thank you for the apology.

oh, i never see him on lol. Well, never see most others on either... lmfao. Why is everyone on "invisible" these days lol? "I'm now entering XF support, I must hide! I must hide!" :p

And who's Nathan, that handles support tickets? lol

Deans been away with IRL duties.

Nathan? No Nathan on support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom