Security XenForo vs vBulletin

Jakubo

Hi guys,

I have been using vBulletin 4 for a long time, but now i decided that's the right time to change it. My pain is caused by many security bugs which vBulletin have. I'm not sure which discussion board engine I will choose, but XenForo looks like a solid and modern system.

My question is, how is it going XenForo and Security? Is it secure enough?

Another question, is there any discounts for "old" vbulletin users? Xenforo should encourage them, to upgrade their forums to XenForo ...

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have been using vBulletin 4 for a long time, but now i decided that's the right time to change it. My pain is caused by many security bugs which vBulletin had. I'm not sure which discussion board engine I will choose, but XenForo looks like a solid and modern system.

Another question, is there any discounts for "old" vbulletin users? Xenforo should encourage them, to upgrade their forums to XenForo ...
Only 1 security issue and that was a 3rd party issue and fixed straight away.

Not aware of any discounts either for people migrating from alternate forum software.

Pretty sure there are no discounts simply because you're a vBulletin veteran.

I believe there are sometimes discounts on XenForo itself, and if there are, there will be announcements made in advance.

Should we welcome you to XenForo? Your going to like it. If you need help then reach out to @Adam Howard - he even supercharged our VPS with 100% more resources. Your users will be thankful!

Also - we've been on here for a year and there have not been any security updates.

Hi guys,

I have been using vBulletin 4 for a long time, but now i decided that's the right time to change it. My pain is caused by many security bugs which vBulletin have. I'm not sure which discussion board engine I will choose, but XenForo looks like a solid and modern system.

I been using XF on two sites since before it went gold and I can not recall XenForo ever needing a security patch.

As for a discount, none is needed. For the level of support you will receive, the stability of the platform, security, modern coding practices, look and feel, and as well being responsive, XenForo is priced very fairly.

Being a fortune teller, i predict a price increase during the new year 2014.
Most likely soon after 1.3 goes gold. :D

You know searching Xenforo, HWS, and predict turns up some seriously crazy things.

As far as price goes remember to factor in the yearly renewal if you renew. vB's price is higher thank IPB and Xenforo but they are under a different model. Totally worth it if you ask me though.

We all know how your fortune telling pans out, HWS ;)

I'd actually support a price increase. XenForo needs to do whatever they need to do to maintain the future of XenForo. They're already creating an almost unrivalled product and they now need to find a sustainable price point. One that still represents good value for money compared to the others and one that can sustain the company's future.

You can't set a price to a piece of software that is going to change your life.
It's fast, it's great, ans it has evrything you need.
And you are part of a community that helps you, these are all great people here that know there business.
I wish all the members, moderators and owners of xenforo a great new year because your all one of a kind. Thanks for all your help in 2013!(y)

Hi guys,

Trust but verify.

If you have any doubt, here's Kier's invitation to try to test for vulnerabilities on the application itself :). I think that's a pretty decent testament to the creator's confidence in its secure coding

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/script-alert-hello-script.1469/#post-19706

Top Bottom