Security lock (password reset) in user criteria for notices and elsewhere

Stuart Wright

We had a hacker/scammer log in to 6 user accounts using credentials found somewhere on the internet so we reset all 460,000 members' passwords.
I now want to display a notice to all the people arriving at the site/logging in with security locked accounts telling them what's happened and what to do next.
But there is no option in the user criteria for notices to select with the security lock in a specific state. It should be there under the user state.
Any chance that this could be added, please?
Not going to be used often, but when it's needed, it's needed.
Please upvote if anyone reading this agrees.
Cheers.

Upvote 8
If you reset all accounts isn't that everyone?
It's not "everyone" any longer.

We did have a blanket notice for a while after the event. But that was some time ago. So, now, some users have remedied their accounts one way or another, and for those a blanket notice wouldn't be relevant. But there remain many who have not yet visited, or who have done so since we killed the notice and have failed to gain access. It's to offer guidance to those remaining (only).

You literally become invisible to the forum software....can't log in, difficult to log out, can't click thru in notices without an endless loop...

I'm forced to create a HTML page to notify users. Dumb.

Last edited:
It's not "everyone" any longer.

We did have a blanket notice for a while after the event. But that was some time ago. So, now, some users have remedied their accounts one way or another, and for those a blanket notice wouldn't be relevant. But there remain many who have not yet visited, or who have done so since we killed the notice and have failed to gain access. It's to offer guidance to those remaining (only).
I read this again, and realized I'm trying to determine a "best practice" for this myself....users who registered since the Security Lock are not effected by it, but there is no means of "hiding" the notice from them...they have to close it out.

That has to be confusing for every new registrant...

Top Bottom