XF 1.2 Secret board/user upgrade issue

Rho Delta

I created a board I only want donors to be able to see, you can donate through the user upgrade page to become a sustaining member (a new usergroup)... I thought I configured this correct but the users cant see the hidden forum. I revoked permission (revoke, not never) for all other usergroups except admins.

Here is the sustaining member permissions for that node:
8aCxART.png

I have Private Node selected.

The upgrade page:
y4VEa98.png

No. Secondary user groups are the intended usage of groups within XenForo. What are your permissions for the forum for the Registered user group?

Ah. So manually adding them to a secondary usergroup that has view permissions to a private node counts as explicitly granting them permissions whereas doing so through a user upgrade doesn't count as explicitly granting them permissions.

So what about usergroup promotions? Would these not be classed as explicitly granting permissions either?

All additional user groups are secondary, that is how the system works.

Use the Permissions Analyzer to determine why the node isn't visible.

Private node is fine. It just sets a revoke on every user group -- it's similar to just revoking view on registered, but obviously it applies to guests as well (and applies if you don't use registered as primary for everyone).

I would recommend using the permissions analysis feature. It sounds like you have a "Never" somewhere.

Private node is fine. It just sets a revoke on every user group -- it's similar to just revoking view on registered, but obviously it applies to guests as well (and applies if you don't use registered as primary for everyone).

I would recommend using the permissions analysis feature. It sounds like you have a "Never" somewhere.
JHBRW8h.png

Here are the permissions for one of the users in question.

They can't see the "Secret Boards" forum, which is presumably above this forum. If you can't see a parent forum, you can never see a child.

Top Bottom