Search Log

Search Log 2.9

No permission to download
Hello Andy,

I have a question:
See you a chance to add support for the Google Custom Search Add-on from Reckons Team?
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/reckons-team-google-custom-search.4165/

I love your log and the google custom search, and I be willing to pay for this extra support. :)

Another thing - I dude have made a own german translation for your add-on (its up to date with 2.2) and uploaded it here:
http://www.xendach.de/resources/deutsches-sprachpaket-fuer-search-log-von-andyb-extra.235/

I found after making this, the older german translation from SirWill ... but I have also added a very small add-on (called Extra) to, so I think its definitly not the same. :)

hmmm... not for me:
upload_2015-4-14_8-56-8.webp

As you can see - in 99.99% if I see "0" search results at the right side and I check the search entry later ... I found nothing with forum search, but everthing with google custom search.

So, if its my mistake - please what must i do to resolve this?

Yes i use it as default.
Ok... but why works this only in one situation in the other not?

No - its the same by me with google as default or not. When the forum search dont find everthing, but google - it logs "0" search results for me.

Have you tested it with search entrys wich brings up 0 forum results but x google results?

The question is also - why should this work? ;) Search Log will generate a new table, and Google Custom Search dosnt know about. So you can see eg:

Search entry "6340 getriebeöl"
Search results: (Forum as default!)
upload_2015-4-14_10-28-37.webp
and GCS results:
upload_2015-4-14_10-29-0.webp

Search Log list:
upload_2015-4-14_10-29-38.webp

Search Log tabel entrys:
upload_2015-4-14_10-30-39.webp

So I just wonder how it should log Google Custom Search entrys... :)

Last edited:
I'm about to install this. The next thing I'm doing is making a calendar entry to check it once a week.

What do you think about the option to enable and receive an email that contains a report of the last 7 days of searches once a week?

(default off) only available to site admins.

I did my first search to test and the search log says 100+ results. Is it reporting the count from when I installed XenForo until now even though the first search was right now?

Hello,

a suggestion - will it be possible to log how many search requests are made in a per year basis ? So I have a info like: users have made 10.340 search requests last year eg.

Regards

Why not so:
searchlog_01.webp

HTML:
<xen:require css="andy_searchlog.css" />
<xen:title>{xen:phrase searchlog_search_log}</xen:title>
{xen:phrase searchlog_limit} {$xenOptions.searchLogLimit}
<br /><br />
<table class="dataTable">
    <tr class="dataRow">
        <th><a href="{xen:link 'search/searchlog', '', 'orderby=search_date'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase searchlog_date}</a> &darr;</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_time}</th>
        <th><a href="{xen:link 'search/searchlog', '', 'orderby=username'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase searchlog_username}</a> &darr;</th>
        <th><a href="{xen:link 'search/searchlog', '', 'orderby=search_query'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase searchlog_search_query}</a> &darr;</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_forum_constraints}</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_user_constraints}</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_title_constraints}</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_newer_than}</th>
        <th>{xen:phrase searchlog_result_count}</th>
    </tr>
    <xen:foreach loop="$results" value="$result">
    <tr class="dataRow"> 
        <td>{xen:date $result.date, '{$xenOptions.searchLogDateFormat}'}</td>
        <td>{xen:time $result.time}</td>
        <td><a href="{xen:link 'members/{$result.user_id}/'}" />{$result.username}</a></td>
        <td>{$result.search_query}</td>       
        <td>{$result.forum_constraints}</td>
        <td>{$result.user_constraints}</td>
        <td>{$result.title_constraints}</td>
        <td>{$result.newer_than}</td>
        <td>{$result.result_count}</td>
    </tr>
    </xen:foreach>
</table>

Less code, less white spaces, less phrases - same job. ;) :)

Top Bottom