Search Log

Search Log 2.9

No permission to download
This add-on uses the xf_search table to get its data. XenForo prunes the xf_search table once a day and removes any data older than 24 hours. So the Search Log add-on will display only the last 24 hours search results.
Ah ok. Could you create a own save file for search log, please?

Waiting for a reply...

A other thing would be to see the country of the user/guest, to get more informations about seeker.

AndyB updated Search Log with a new update entry:

Changes to v1.4
  1. Added table to store data
  2. Added option to delete data older than number of days
  3. Added user only search
  4. Added Newer Than Column
  5. Result Counts over 100 now show 100+
  6. Logs successful and unsuccessful searches

Last edited:
Does this affect the database at all or slow a site down? I can imagine even at 30 days when you are logging information it will clog the site? I don't know how that works but would be a concern.

Does this affect the database at all or slow a site down? I can imagine even at 30 days when you are logging information it will clog the site? I don't know how that works but would be a concern.

The information is stored in a table called xf_search_log. You can use phpMyAdmin to view the size if this file. On an average sized forum I think you can save years worth of search logs without this table getting very large.

Also, can u show all searched keywords by group.

I want to see same search terms and how much times searched?

For example;
Audi A7 Car - 138 times searched
Bmw Z4 Gear - 12 times searched

So, we can see most searched terms via search log.

I think parsing might be a little difficult, especially as users type things wrong a lot. What about a quick export button to csv format for excel?

I'd be interested how often people are searching their own posts.

upload_2014-2-12_18-30-19.webp

I've always wanted to be able to use me as a shortform for digital doctor.

Would be great if you add a hover for the lines that it is easier to find the associated .stuff

To add a hover effect to highlight a row, add this to the andy_searchlog.css template:

Code:
.dataTable tr:hover {
  background-color: #f0f7fc;
}

Andy I tried to prune my logs but did not see how. I tried changing the prune days to zero and save but defaults to 1 day, so would have to wait a day for the log to clear. Is there a way to clear manually the log without going into the database to do it?

Top Bottom