Search bar magnifying glass image location?

o_O I actually can't find where that is - I know where the ACP search sprite is, but it doesn't appear to be the same. Nor can I see where it is referenced in CSS or the template...

o_O

The image is generated automatically by HTML5. As per robinhood's post, you can remove it by removing type="search" from the HTML field. You could then use CSS to add whatever image you like.

This is an old thread but I have a similar question -

On this page: http://www.groundtradesxchange.com/xf/index.php you can see that the search magnifying glass is out of vertical alignment with the search box. I don't care if that icon goes away or gets aligned, but I'd like it to be cleaner than what it is now.

It got out of alignment when I reduced the height of the dark brown nav bar, but the search bar remained in it's location relative to the bottom of the div (putting the search bar at the top of the now-smaller nav bar). In #QuickSearch I changed top: -52px to top: -40px and everything moved nicely to be aligned vertically, except for that icon.

I looked through all of the images and icons for the style and couldn't find that image in any folders, so I'm thinking the issue is similar to the html5 one mentioned above, however, removing 'type="search"' from the template search_bar doesn't remove the icon.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom