Browser issue Screen turns black when opening new tab in Safari

dutchbb

So this bug still exists and it's one of the things that keeps me from actually starting to use XenForo.

Please fix it or if the problem is with Safari maybe contact them and explain the bug.

Example:

Schermafbeelding 2012-08-06 om 19.51.52.webp

When hovering with the mouse parts of the page become visible as shown in the screenshot. Also scrolling makes the whole page visible.

I have never experienced or heard of this problem. Does it only happen on XF sites? On all XF sites or just some? What version of Safari?

Feel free to register at http://www.deemit.co.uk and post a message and test there, if you need another XF forum to test it on.

I've not seen this either, and typically this kind of thing is likely to be a client side problem rather than server side.

I get this from time to time on Safari on my Mac too, not sure I've seen it since upgrade to the latest version on Mountain Lion though. Seemed to happen when leaving a xenforo site open in a tab, viewing another tab and coming back.

Doesn't happen every time, so not sure how to make it repeatable otherwise I'd have logged a bug.

Dave.

I've not seen this either, and typically this kind of thing is likely to be a client side problem rather than server side.
This is a known problem, it has been mentioned earlier and by others. To reproduce it, you have to use a Mac with Lion, latest Safari (although it happened on older versions of OS X and Safari too). Then open up a few tabs with different XenForo pages and after being in a thread for a while, switch between the tabs. The thing is, it doesn't always happen. So you have to be patient and do this for a while.

Not saying it can't be client side (Safari), it could be, but something in XF does not like Safari, since it's specific to XF. So at least the source of the problem has to be found and reported to Apple if not a XF bug.

It's definitely Safari, and it's not only been on an XF installation that I've seen it happen.

I thought it was fixed a while ago though. :unsure:

It's definitely Safari, and it's not only been on an XF installation that I've seen it happen.

I thought it was fixed a while ago though. :unsure:
I have never seen it anywhere outside a XF installation, but maybe XF is using some specific technology / code that is causing it which may be used on other specific sites I have not come across yet....

I'm running the latest Safari and I can reproduce it right now.

Top Bottom