XF 1.1 School me on "conversations"

Neil E.

The usual forum software has inbox/sentbox/outbox/savedbox etc etc etc.

XF seems to have only one box = the conversation list. Does the conversation list stay saved forever? I like the concept of "one location" for all conversations. Anything else I should know? I didn't see anything specific to conversation operation in the XF manual or FAQ.

I was wondering about the removing of old conversations, example imported private messages from vBulletin 4.2.0, specifically regarding users that had been deleted, or conversations that you just want to "clear out" in general... Can that be done?
You really need to make your own threads for support. Or you'll end up getting missed.

YES, personal conversation do get imported. So do threads and post by deleted members, but they are marked as "guest" upon import.

Yes, you can delete threads, post, and even wipe out all old PM's

FYI:

To delete ALL personal conversation

You can paste these queries into phpmyadmin
PHP:
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_master;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_message;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_recipient;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_user;
UPDATE xf_user SET conversations_unread = 0;

Lol! That's everyone's PC's though right? I meant, way to allow members to clean out their own inbox/sent box etc... Cause if some members later on had their account "deleted" that's tons of inbox / sent box PC's... for storing for no reason at all. I just meant, a way to optionally remove specific PC's from inbox/sent box... like a resource or some such. I think if I ran that in phpmyadmin, members be pissed at me lmfao.

"vVv.. why in hell you remove my PC's!?!?! I had important convo with Ben in there!!"
Members can remove their own Personal Conversations on their own, by simply clicking "leave conversation"

When an account is deleted; all their personal conversations go with them ... ie... are deleted too. But the other member who was part of the conversation would still retain a copy. So there would be no upset members such as in your example.

Well, some members were deleted on vB4 BEFORE importing to XF.. so it doesn't help me much to "leave" a PC.. it still remains.. and no options to checkbox beside any PC's and no drop box saying "remove". This should be "built-in" feature, along with merging of user accounts.. and cron based mass board emailing, especially since most choose shared hosting for their site needs..
No, there is no such option at this time. Will most likely be in 1.2 of XenForo

AGAIN (gotta love it when fanbois/girls get instantly replied too tho. it's funny as well, they'll bend over backwards to help David_ a guy that makes xenforosucks.com but new guy like me, forget about it.): I was wondering about the removing of old conversations, example imported private messages from vBulletin 4.2.0, specifically regarding users that had been deleted, or conversations that you just want to "clear out" in general... Can that be done?

To show how ridiculous it is here to get help, i'll keep replying to same threads, with same messages till i get support.
Dude, there's no need to be like this all the time whenever it takes a bit longer to answer your question. Sometimes posts do get buried. Deal with it appropriately like simply replying with "Bump" or "Anyone?" It's much more polite that way.

yeah, well.. i get frustrated and it pisses me off easily... lol. seems like it's "screw vVv, we'll help everyone else though, even drama and trouble makers!" around here. i'll try and be more polite / patient .. ;)

Thanks! Will check it out! :) I try to search the site normally, but alot of unrelated stuff comes up, not what's searched for.. LOL!
You posted your message on Friday, right? It's no problem if you say on Saturday "Bump" but letting your frustration build for days isn't necessary :) Sorry for missing your post.

Reactions: vVv
Well, you do it however you like. But definitely feel free to bump after 24 hours. Almost all threads seem to get resolved within that time so if you get no response then that's a good way to go :)

Reactions: vVv
Top Bottom