1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 School me on "conversations"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Neil E., Sep 28, 2012.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

The usual forum software has inbox/sentbox/outbox/savedbox etc etc etc.

XF seems to have only one box = the conversation list. Does the conversation list stay saved forever? I like the concept of "one location" for all conversations. Anything else I should know? I didn't see anything specific to conversation operation in the XF manual or FAQ.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah the conversation system is great.

The list does indeed stay forever.

Not really much else you need to know :p

3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

OK, thanks. I will do my best not to fiddle with it [and create problems for myself].

4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

You really need to make your own threads for support. Or you'll end up getting missed.

YES, personal conversation do get imported. So do threads and post by deleted members, but they are marked as "guest" upon import.

Yes, you can delete threads, post, and even wipe out all old PM's

Chris D likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

FYI:

To delete ALL personal conversation

You can paste these queries into phpmyadmin
    PHP:
    TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_master;
    TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_message;
    TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_recipient;
    TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_user;
    UPDATE xf_user SET conversations_unread 0;

Chris D likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Members can remove their own Personal Conversations on their own, by simply clicking "leave conversation"

When an account is deleted; all their personal conversations go with them ... ie... are deleted too. But the other member who was part of the conversation would still retain a copy. So there would be no upset members such as in your example.

Chris D likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

No, there is no such option at this time. Will most likely be in 1.2 of XenForo

Chris D likes this.
  8. Chris D

Dude, there's no need to be like this all the time whenever it takes a bit longer to answer your question. Sometimes posts do get buried. Deal with it appropriately like simply replying with "Bump" or "Anyone?" It's much more polite that way.

9. Chris D

vVv likes this.
  10. Chris D

You posted your message on Friday, right? It's no problem if you say on Saturday "Bump" but letting your frustration build for days isn't necessary :) Sorry for missing your post.

vVv likes this.
  11. Chris D

Well, you do it however you like. But definitely feel free to bump after 24 hours. Almost all threads seem to get resolved within that time so if you get no response then that's a good way to go :)

vVv likes this.