Scheduled Thread / Post

Peter

Create one or more posts ahead of time to be automatically submitted later.

For example, type the post and get it formatted nicely and then wait for the "press release day" for it to be submitted. News/media/entertainment industries get information but are not allowed to be released until later on (days, weeks, etc.). Even useful for forum announcements.

What do you think?

Upvote 191
2nd and 3rd most popular suggestion threads are even older. 4th one is "only" 5 years old.
And in your opinion why there ar not already implemented ?

Besides for me it is not fair that we cannot vote negatively for a suggestion.
Imagine that a suggestion receives 100 positive votes then everyone says: Yes this suggestion is popular then it should be implemented"
But if we activate the negative votes and we find that 300 votes have been made. Is the suggestion still so popular??

I hope that it will be implemented soon since it seems so essential, I will not bother at all.
:)

Dude, we get it, you think there's more important suggestions. All this arguing back and forth isn't going to change anything one way or the other, it's completely up to the dev team whether it gets implemented one day or not. And you arguing that it's not fair that people cannot down-vote suggestions is good evidence for WHY they don't allow it: because some people like to decide for everyone else what is or isn't important enough to make it in the core, no doubt in the hope that suggestions that they DO like make it instead.

I who do not need this feature and who does not really find the usefulness I would not have voted against I would have just passed my way.
You can't think of my place and you misinterpret what I'm saying. And it is quite clear that it is not fair to be able to vote yes and not no. Within a country it would be called a dictatorship: Do you want me to be president for a tenth term? Yes or... Shut up!

Ok we are just talking about a suggestion in a forum and in this there is nothing serious but I still say that we must leave the choice to say yes or no. If you are without an opinion you do not vote.

I am not absolutely right, I express my opinion and you dispute it. Perfect, the world is better like this...

And you arguing that it's not fair that people cannot down-vote suggestions is good evidence for WHY they don't allow it: because some people like to decide for everyone else what is or isn't important
I can return the demonstration: in this case people decide what is important too and those who think otherwise cannot cast their vote.
It's unfair and you would say the same thing if in your building there was a poll to install an elevator: you could only vote yes or not vote. You'd be the first to cry foul.

At this point, if you want to discuss the approach taken in terms of suggestion voting, you're free to open a feedback thread (though it's very unlikely anything would change; we've explained our reasoning in the past). A specific suggestion thread really isn't the place to discuss it.

We have a daily thread called Theme of the Day which we try to open every day at 7 AM. It would be great with this add-on. Just like regular CMS programming time of the articles.

Also you can get your forum more dynamic this way, regulary have new threads.

Please do this add-on. :)

With the addition of the Articles format on Xenforo, one (of the few things) that would stop me using it over my current system is the lack of scheduling. If you're running editorial, the ability to schedule is pretty important.

We have a daily thread called Theme of the Day which we try to open every day at 7 AM. It would be great with this add-on. Just like regular CMS programming time of the articles.

Also you can get your forum more dynamic this way, regulary have new threads.

Please do this add-on. :)
It shouldn't be an add-on, it should be implemented natively into XF, with API integration.

My free addon will allow you to schedule content,
What a godsend! Thank you so much! This was a very highly needed feature for our site and will really cut down setting alarms on time zones for our play-by-play competition threads! Thank you for making it free!!

I wish I knew about it sooner! Let me know where I can donate.

Is it possible to include a feature to allow the "the scheduled threads to be "viewable" to the public?

My free addon will allow you to schedule content,
Hi @Ozzy47, I wonder why you didn't develop it before too? Just a curiosity, given your wide range of addons. Just to blame you too :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom