Scheduled Jobs Outstanding on Shared Host - How Do I Fix?

KensonPlays

Shared hosting customer support is slow, like usual. They have a max speed of 15 mins for their CRON, so I can't set it to 5 min or 1 min.

I'm on a2hosting, and can't afford any higher plan than around 3-4/mo currently (will upgrade to a VPS once I can afford it, someday).

How do I fix this error, if anyone knows? XF 2.2.15.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.87)]View attachment 50363[/COLOR]

There's not really anything you can do about your host but you could change your "Job run trigger" in the ACP to "Activity based trigger". That would mean every time a page is browsed on your site the cron will be triggered and all the jobs that need to be ran will be ran at that time.

The problem here would be if you have a site that's very inactive, it could go hours in between job runs. If, however, you think you have at least 1 page view every less than 15 minutes, it would be better than what you currently have.

The only other option would be to try to find another host.

There's not really anything you can do about your host but you could change your "Job run trigger" in the ACP to "Activity based trigger". That would mean every time a page is browsed on your site the cron will be triggered and all the jobs that need to be ran will be ran at that time.

The problem here would be if you have a site that's very inactive, it could go hours in between job runs. If, however, you think you have at least 1 page view every less than 15 minutes, it would be better than what you currently have.

The only other option would be to try to find another host.
Seems to show the error with either setting.

There are VPSs that you can rent for 2$ a month. They will perform better than your hosting.
I don't have experience setting those up. I would need Managed, and those are a lot more expensive, cheapest I'm seeing is like 35/mo; can't afford that.

https://cron-job.org/en/ or a similar service, you can use to run job.php
I don't know how I'd connect it to the software, I'd need a step-by-step tutorial.

https://cron-job.org/en/ or a similar service, you can use to run job.php

This is interesting. I've never even heard of this before.

Seems to show the error with either setting.

If you set it to "Activity based trigger", you should be able to simply refresh a page and it'll sort itself out. If it doesn't, that would indicate maybe an issue with your installation. Maybe an addon, or something else, halting the jobs?

This is interesting. I've never even heard of this before.

If you set it to "Activity based trigger", you should be able to simply refresh a page and it'll sort itself out. If it doesn't, that would indicate maybe an issue with your installation. Maybe an addon, or something else, halting the jobs?
It may be the host, even though they were a recommended host, I'm beginning to believe they shouldn't be.

The only possible addons I can think of that might be affecting are: [MMO] Core Library, Standard Library (xon), Cloudflare addon, Discord integration (nixfifty, license expired), Password Tools, Security & Passkeys.

Those are ones I think have more, deeper hooks, into the system?

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to help you. The only thing I could recommend is disabling those add-ons one at a time, then refreshing a page on your site, and seeing if that worked to clear up the outstanding jobs.

Are you certain you have it set to "Activity based trigger", and that it saved correctly with that setting?

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to help you. The only thing I could recommend is disabling those add-ons one at a time, then refreshing a page on your site, and seeing if that worked to clear up the outstanding jobs.

Are you certain you have it set to "Activity based trigger", and that it saved correctly with that setting?
I've tried both, like I mentioned above. They both seem to trigger that error message, though its more often with server-based, it does happen with both.

I'd gladly switch to a VPS if I could, but I don't have experience managing CMD stuff, I'd need a visual UI web panel, and I don't know how to install those properly without breaking things.

If there was a managed VPS for around 10/mo, I'd gladly take that, but I have not been able to find a decent managed VPS at 10/mo. I'd want one with more than 20gb storage, for obvious reasons (post images & media gallery).

Top Bottom